Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macbook Air issue - help needed

Options
  • 11-01-2013 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭

I've got a strange issue with my Macbook air (mid-2012, 13"). There's a weird buzzing noise coming from the back left of the laptop whenever I have an audio cable plugged into the headphone jack and the Air goes to sleep with the lid open. It only happens when the cable is plugged in, and if I take it out the noise stops instantly. The laptop works perfectly and theres even no effect on the sound with my speakers that are connecting to the headphone jack. The noise is just really annoying now that I know its there.

Is there anyone else with a Macbook Air that has had this issue? Or even someone who could test this one their own laptop to see if its just a design fault?? It takes no more than a minute or two for the noise to start after the screen goes black.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

why not try it in a compu b store?

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

I will over the weekend, just wanted to see if anyone else had the same issue.

Advertisement