Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sore toe while running.??

Options
  • 10-01-2013 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

just wondering does any of you know whats going on with my toe next too my big toe:p
    i did an 8mile run 4 days ago and this toe was sore. today i did a 5 mile and my nail is going blue/black. guy in sports shop reckons my trainers are too small.i take a 7, never a 7.5. they dont feel tight or small. good quality trainer.:rolleyes:
    if this guy said its the size , shouldnt my big toe be sore too:confused:
    a bit peeded of now as was planning a 10 mile tomorrow but this is very uncomfortable:mad:
    can any of you guys put light on this for me...

ohhhh and ive got the eleverys insoles in..
    thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

fifijk wrote: »
    just wondering does any of you know whats going on with my toe next too my big toe:p
    i did an 8mile run 4 days ago and this toe was sore. today i did a 5 mile and my nail is going blue/black. guy in sports shop reckons my trainers are too small.i take a 7, never a 7.5. they dont feel tight or small. good quality trainer.:rolleyes:
    if this guy said its the size , shouldnt my big toe be sore too:confused:
    a bit peeded of now as was planning a 10 mile tomorrow but this is very uncomfortable:mad:
    can any of you guys put light on this for me...

ohhhh and ive got the eleverys insoles in..
    thanks in advance.

It's very common for the toe next to the big toe to be marginally longer than the big toe, and losing this toe nail seems to be the most common. I lost mine during the summer. It certainly does sound like your shoes are too small.

I'm not going to get into the elverys insoles. Staying well clear of that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 fifijk

Thanks bth interesting info.
    ya cant leave it at that....tell me whats your opinion on the insoles.
    i hard a lot of leg problems but since i got those a year of go no probs since.
    really interested to hear your opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

All I heard is that a hell of a lot of people have been mis-sold them. But if they've sorted out problems that you had then clearly that's not the case here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

For 90% of the people I see on a daily basis those insoles are rubbish. Proper advice and correct shoe recommendation is far better than an artificial intervention between your foot and the shoe.

Inevitably they prevent your feet from working in the correct fashion and usually cause more problems (elsewhere) than they solve.

Sizing is often the issue with bruising of the toes and is always evident when you start going up in distance. As BTH says the second toe is often the one bearing the brunt of it not only because its often slightly longer, when stretched out, but also because it is substantitally smaller than the big toe and less able to take a hammering.

Sorry to be so blunt on the insoles but it is infuriating to see so many people being 'scared' into buying these things.

Advertisement