Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need a P21 to apply for HEAR by March 1st.

Options
  • 10-01-2013 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Applying for HEAR with my CAO for 2013, and I need a P21 for 2011 (or 2012, can't think, it's irrelevant to this Q though). Whose P21? I'm assuming my father, as he is main breadwinner?

I don't really understand how to use the PAYE Anytime system on revenue.ie either (which would be the fastest way to get the P21 I suppose). If *I* need a P21, do I make an account for myself (it specifically aims itself towards students in one part) or my dad? I'm 18. I've obviously not had a PAYE job, so I don't have tax credits to deal with.

I'd really appreciate your help, as there's lots to stick on this form and I like to get things done well before due :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,142 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

In the case of an 18 year old applying for a college grant, isn't it the parents income that is means-tested??

The parents should register online with PAYE Anytime.

The father can then request a P21, which may involve making a tax return.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

Geuze wrote: »
    In the case of an 18 year old applying for a college grant, isn't it the parents income that is means-tested??

The parents should register online with PAYE Anytime.

The father can then request a P21, which may involve making a tax return.

Yeah, but the way the website words the PAYE Anytime site made it slightly confusing, hinting that I, the student, needed *my* P21. So it's safe to say I pretend to be Daddy and sign up on PAYE Anytime as him, request a P21, and viola? I feel a bit stupid asking this, but I really want to make sure I do this right! :rolleyes:

Vielen Dank :o

You can just get one of your parents to ring Revenue, give their PPS Number and request the P21. I'd imagine that it's for 2012, so might not be available yet.

You can just get one of your parents to ring Revenue, give their PPS Number and request the P21. I'd imagine that it's for 2012, so might not be available yet.

I think I read that it can take up to eight weeks to process it by phone/post, which is damn crazy! I don't have that sort of time, and I don't want to risk it either. Apparently getting it online takes 4 days once the account is processed etc.

I think I read that it can take up to eight weeks to process it by phone/post, which is damn crazy! I don't have that sort of time, and I don't want to risk it either. Apparently getting it online takes 4 days once the account is processed etc.
    It takes the same amount of time no matter what way you do it! As soon as your Dad gets his P60, ring up for the P21. It only takes a few days. Don't be panicking!

• Advertisement

It takes the same amount of time no matter what way you do it! As soon as your Dad gets his P60, ring up for the P21. It only takes a few days. Don't be panicking!

Ah I'm not panicking (per se!) :rolleyes: I just like to have pesky things like this dealt with, so I'm not panicking later :pac:

You mentioned a P60, is one needed to get a P21? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭relax carry on

If its for an education grant, its usually the prior year the p21 is required for. That's 2012.
    If you had no paye income for 2012 then you can get a p21.
    If that is the case then have your parents register for PAYE anytime and request a p21 for 2012 as that's probably what the grants people want.
    Watch the instructional videos about using the service. If you can post in an online forum, then you can use paye anytime.

If its for an education grant, its usually the prior year the p21 is required for. That's 2012.
    If you had no paye income for 2012 then you can get a p21.
    If that is the case then have your parents register for PAYE anytime and request a p21 for 2012 as that's probably what the grants people want.
    Watch the instructional videos about using the service. If you can post in an online forum, then you can use paye anytime.

The wording had me a bit confused, and I'm too much of a perfectionist. Thank you though :)

Advertisement