Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone unlocking in Kilrush or Ennis??

Options
  • 10-01-2013 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

My dad needs to get his Nokia C2 unlocked from O2, as he has ported his number to Vodafone.

Kilrush is the closest town to him (10 mins) or Ennis (30 mins)

Can anyone recommend a place he can take the phone to and a guide as to how much he should pay?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

You should be able to get the unlock code direcly from o2 if you are porting the number, there might be a slight charge. Try raising a request in the o2 Talk To forum on here and they might be able to help, I know when I wanted to get my iphone unlocked it was painless.

Otherwise, you could try Ronan Daly on O'Connell St. in Ennis (by Brogan's) or there's a mobile phone shop at the bottom of Parnell Street by Tony's Auto Shop you could try.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Thanks Clareman.

If he goes directly to O2 it can take a few days or more for them to get the code.

There's other complications too, we're not sure that he registered the phone with O2 when he got it from Carphonewarehouse.
    His older phone was registered, but as they would both have different IMEI numbers it could get very complicated.
    O2 state that the phone needs to be registered and topped up by at least €150 since registration.

I advised him to take it to a shop and get it done instantly for about €20

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

If it's an o2 phone it shouldn't matter about it being registered or anything, throw in the details, according to them it should just take 2 working days http://www.o2online.ie/o2/help/unlock-request.php

I'll give it a shot, although according to the O2 site:

"What are the criteria to get an unlock code?

Prepay customers

Your phone must be registered on O2.ie and you must have topped up by €150 since you registered your phone"

Try asking the Talk to folks here, they might be able to get you around that ;)

• Advertisement

I fired off the request on the O2 site anyway.
    Might ask on forum tomorrow, don't want him to be without a phone for more than a day or two.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Try the Pakistani lad on the Mill Road, just beside the filling station/shop.

finbarrk wrote: »
    Try the Pakistani lad on the Mill Road, just beside the filling station/shop.

Thanks ;)

There is also a place in Kilmihil, on the main street.

There is also a place in Kilmihil, on the main street.

Really!!! that's just up the road from him.
    Any directions? Where is it beside?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

It's just before the entrance to the GAA pitch as you come from the Kilrush side.

It's just before the entrance to the GAA pitch as you come from the Kilrush side.

Great stuff, thanks.

Advertisement