Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2013(or 2012) CV format

Options
  • 10-01-2013 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm trying to get a headstart on my IEC 2013 application documentation. I've got the garda cert, but despite my best efforts for searching I cannot find the following information:
    • What is the format of the CV? I currently have a two-page CV I use for job hunting but this might be too much. For example, at the moment I have "Personal experience" and a couple of references on there - do I need them?
    • Do the photos have to be an exact size? (Like the way they have to be exact for a passport application).
    2012 info would be good as this stuff probably won't change for 2013.

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Nail Varnish Junkie

Hi Ripcord. Can I ask where your'e applying for the IEC 2013? Or where you found out the info required? Any help would be much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

Hi Ripcord. Can I ask where your'e applying for the IEC 2013? Or where you found out the info required? Any help would be much appreciated!

Hi. I haven't started to apply yet. I'm just assuming (based on last year) that I will need a garda cert, CV, and passport photos. So I'm trying to get these ready to go so I can save time when the application forms are released.

Was doing more searching and still can't find the format used for the CV for 2012 applications. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭bopper

I applied last year and was successful. I just used the same format for my CV that I always used. I didn't even realise there was a specific Canadian format when I applied.

The passport photos do have to be a specific size. There are guidelines on the site somewhere (or at least there were last year), but basically just regular passport sized photos. Just go into a shop or pharmacy that does passport photos and they'll print them in the correct size for you.

Advertisement