Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canon EOS 400d installation CD

Options
  • 10-01-2013 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

Folks,

Looking for some help/advice please. Newbie to the whole world of DSLR and just got my self a decent second hand Canon 400d. However Ive just realised I got no installation cd with it. I know I can link directly to the laptop to transfer photos etc. But I believe the cd would have software etc for editing and playing with the RAW files.

Any idea how I would go about getting this as the Canon site only has updaters if you already have the cd

Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Anything on the US site?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kopfan77

peckerhead wrote: »
    Anything on the US site?

All seem to be updaters again which require you to have the original cd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

kopfan77 wrote: »
    all updaters only

No , read what it says on the site
    Description:Digital Photo Professional 3.12.52 updater for Windows is software that will update a previously installed (or install) Digital Photo Professional to version 3.12.52.

got here > http://www.canon-europe.com/Support/Consumer_Products/products/cameras/Digital_SLR/EOS_400D.aspx?type=download&page=1

• Advertisement

pixbyjohn wrote: »

No , read what it says on the site
    Description:Digital Photo Professional 3.12.52 updater for Windows is software that will update a previously installed (or install) Digital Photo Professional to version 3.12.52.

got here > http://www.canon-europe.com/Support/Consumer_Products/products/cameras/Digital_SLR/EOS_400D.aspx?type=download&page=1

Correct, and that's what I read myself, so I downloaded/ran it and it looked for the cd to be inserted

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭KevinGossRoss

What do you need it for?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

On mac you have to unpack the installer and delete a few files to be able to install it without the cd (Anyone with a macbook air / new macbook pro)

I'm sure there's a similar method for pc. can you download an .iso of the program anywhere and mount it to a virtual drive using something like daemon tools?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

kopfan77 wrote: »
    Correct, and that's what I read myself, so I downloaded/ran it and it looked for the cd to be inserted

I ran into this a few months back while trying to install the canon software onto my new pc. As far as I remember there is no workaround and you will need the cd.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MaggyM

I actually have spare disks for the 400D (mine was stolen a few years ago) that you can have if you want. Are you ever in Dublin?
    If you want to PM me we can arrange a way to get them to you. Maybe you could pass them on to flyingsnail if still needed - I see you are both in Limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

MaggyM wrote: »
    I actually have spare disks for the 400D (mine was stolen a few years ago) that you can have if you want. Are you ever in Dublin?
    If you want to PM me we can arrange a way to get them to you. Maybe you could pass them on to flyingsnail if still needed - I see you are both in Limerick.

Thanks for the offer MaggyM, I was able to borrow a cd from somebody else.

Thanks for the offers/help MaggyM and flyingsnail.....I actually got sorted today by aidanic.

Cheers folks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Just for future reference, this works on Mac (10.8.2) for me:
    1. From the Canon Europe site, download dpp3.12.52x-updater.dmg.
    2. Double click dpp3.12.52x-updater.dmg to mount the Disk Image on the desktop
    3. Inside dpp3.12.52x-updater.dmg, drag dpp3.12.52x_updater and copy it to a convenient location, the "Download" folder will do.
    4. <CTRL> Click on dpp3.12.52x_updater and open the "Contents" folder
    5. <CTRL> Click on the "Resources" Folder and open it.
    6. Locate the file "Info.datx" and drag it to the trash
    7. Double click on dpp3.12.52x_updater created in step 3 to run the full installer.

This isn't specific to the 400D or any other Canon DSLR, it should work for any all.

IME the Canon USA site is easier to work from for this solution to the problem of lost or damaged installation CDs

HTH others

Advertisement