Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expected pay for trainee?

Options
  • 10-01-2013 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

im thinking of doing the elevation programme and Il need to look for work experiance, I have 5 years experiance in admin but no accounting experiance.

I dont want to enter in to a training contact so what wages could I expect starting off my training?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

As with any job, it depends what part of the country you will work in.

My sense of it is €18-20k upwards in Dublin.

Limerick, Cork and Galway would be €15-17k

You could get anything from €12-15k elsewhere.

It is appalling, but this is a profession where you really have to earn your stripes. It ain't no public service job where you are underworked, paid well above what you are worth, and get increments regardless of competence or performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

myshirt wrote: »

It is appalling, but this is a profession where you really have to earn your stripes. It ain't no public service job where you are underworked, paid well above what you are worth, and get increments regardless of competence or performance.

I was offered €14k in Cork a few months ago, I ran a mile! :) I suppose it is an employers market. I am employed now, not for €14k though! Go for it though, it should be worth it when you have the three years done!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭dbran

Factor in also that you will be gone for a few week in the year study leave as well as exam fees plus the learning curve.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Littlething

Thanks Paddy001,

Have you found anything since?

Its just such a daunting step to be taking going from a sound wage back to that kind of money with all the bills still there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

Public servant bashing again :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Thanks Paddy001,

Have you found anything since?

Its just such a daunting step to be taking going from a sound wage back to that kind of money with all the bills still there!!

Yes I have! It is, but it should be worth it in the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

What are the terms of trainee based positions? What should I be looking out for, etc?

Lyaiera wrote: »
    What are the terms of trainee based positions? What should I be looking out for, etc?

The range of work and the salary would be the two main ones!

Paddy001 wrote: »
    The range of work and the salary would be the two main ones!

I'll look to make sure they have an indoor bathroom as well.

I presumed readers would know that I was asking about general amounts of study time given, exam fees paid for, expectations on passing exams, etc. What would be considered standard?

Lyaiera wrote: »
    I'll look to make sure they have an indoor bathroom as well.

I presumed readers would know that I was asking about general amounts of study time given, exam fees paid for, expectations on passing exams, etc. What would be considered standard?

Well then I presumed you would have given a little bit more detail, there is no standard, it depends on your qualifications, age, general experience and what body you want to qualify with, so I told you what was important and common to all bodies as you obviously don't want 3 years of just bookkeeping or payroll etc

• Advertisement

Paddy001 wrote: »
    Well then I presumed you would have given a little bit more detail, there is no standard, it depends on your qualifications, age, general experience and what body you want to qualify with, so I told you what was important and common to all bodies as you obviously don't want 3 years of just bookkeeping or payroll etc

Fair enough. :)

I'll start another thread.

Advertisement