Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving House

Options
  • 10-01-2013 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

I'm moving house and I was wondering about Meadowbank in Waterford?

Could anyone tell me about it? Are the houses nice? Is it a nice neighbourhood?

Thanks,

Michelle

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Deisedarren

M25 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks,

Michelle

I live there. It's a lovely place it's quite only one enterence in and out

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

M25 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks,

Michelle

I know a few people living there who have no problems, they live up the middle of the estate. But I do know that the row of houses to the far left of the estate are targeted by thieves as the escape route is so easy. Also the houses nearest the the bottom or the estate wall surroundings are empty as they are constantly getting damaged. But like I said I've been told its a grand place to live, once u have a house in around the middle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

I know someone who had to move out cos they had severe trouble with a certain element of society who were placed there. Theres plenty of empty houses there that have had their heating systems ripped out and pipes stolen or rads taken, I also know people who live there and lived there, your basicly living in ballybeg if you dont mind that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭Media999

Burglary Central. Average of 3 a weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Flutterby80

I know a couple who lived there whose house was burgled in the middle of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

I lived there for two years. Kept getting worse and worse. Trees set on fire one night. Youths causing hassle around there the whole time. Graffiti started going up. Burning bins and rolling them down the hill. Houses had windows broken. Then one night I woke up to Gardai at the door. They had two scumbags caught inside in my car who had made bits of the door, smashed the window and were trying to hot wire it. Few weeks later I came back to my house having been ransacked and everything robbed. The scumbag who did it handed himself into Gardai a few months later because he wanted to go back to jail for a while. He said that one of my neighbours was watching houses and tipping off lads in Ballybeg who could then go in and rob the house. I know a few more who had trouble there too. If I was you I would avoid it like the plague. It's not worth the hassle.

deisedevil wrote: »
    I lived there for two years. Kept getting worse and worse. Trees set on fire one night. Youths causing hassle around there the whole time. Graffiti started going up. Burning bins and rolling them down the hill. Houses had windows broken. Then one night I woke up to Gardai at the door. They had two scumbags caught inside in my car who had made bits of the door, smashed the window and were trying to hot wire it. Few weeks later I came back to my house having been ransacked and everything robbed. The scumbag who did it handed himself into Gardai a few months later because he wanted to go back to jail for a while. He said that one of my neighbours was watching houses and tipping off lads in Ballybeg who could then go in and rob the house. I know a few more who had trouble there too. If I was you I would avoid it like the plague. It's not worth the hassle.

I live there nearly five years
    Them trees are not in the estate. They are in the fields beside the Waterford crystal sports centre. I do not remember hearing anything like setting bins on fire and rolling down the hill. You must have lived on the side beside the old pitch and putt course. Because they would be a quick way to get into ballybeg through the fields

Just to say I love the place.
    If you came and asked around the estate you would get the same answer in every house.

Theres a lot of empty houses there, I went to visit a friend living there and I passed by a lot of houses with doors and windows smashed in I walked in the side to have a look and all the heating boilers had been ripped out, seems like a pretty lawless estate, what p.sses me off is the scangers with no jobs and basicly no use to society go and do such damage to hard worki g people, bringing the area down and upsetting the people, I wish the residents formed a residents association and got together on the issue, I think this is where a break down in community spirit is capitalised on, people should get together on the issue, get the cameras out and record the scangers faces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 nicolaed

I know someone who had to move out cos they had severe trouble with a certain element of society who were placed there. Theres plenty of empty houses there that have had their heating systems ripped out and pipes stolen or rads taken, I also know people who live there and lived there, your basicly living in ballybeg if you dont mind that.
    Do you mean travelers:confused:?

nicolaed wrote: »
    Do you mean travelers:confused:?
    Yeah, didn't really wanna open up a tangent but yeah, their kids were being bullied and the house was attracting a bit of attention there after.

• Advertisement

Yeah, didn't really wanna open up a tangent but yeah, their kids were being bullied and the house was attracting a bit of attention there after.

The travellers in question has since been throw out of the house they were renting and nothing like that has been happening.

The travellers in question has since been throw out of the house they were renting and nothing like that has been happening.

Really dont know why you cant accept its a bad place. Im assuming you bought a house there or something. How would you know if people are being terrorised there. Would they come down and knock on your door to fill you in for some reason?

One of the most notorious burglars in Waterford lives there. Professional burglar that has served many years in prison and is scoping out houses for youngfellas. Garda are well aware but are powerless to do anything as they cant prove it. Thats coming from a Garda not from some rumour.

Thats no good to my friends who had to move out of there cos a travellers, is there only one traveller family living in that estate?

Thats no good to my friends who had to move out of there cos a travellers, is there only one traveller family living in that estate?

There no traveller family's living there for about year and a half or so.

I live there nearly five years
    Them trees are not in the estate. They are in the fields beside the Waterford crystal sports centre. I do not remember hearing anything like setting bins on fire and rolling down the hill. You must have lived on the side beside the old pitch and putt course. Because they would be a quick way to get into ballybeg through the fields

Just to say I love the place.
    If you came and asked around the estate you would get the same answer in every house.

As you didn't "hear" about it then I must not have SEEN it.

I live in a few different places in Waterford and Meadowbank was by far the worst. I'm glad you have had it so good. I didn't and I know many more who didn't. I'd love to see the robbery figures for Meadowbank.

Media999 wrote: »

Really dont know why you cant accept its a bad place. Im assuming you bought a house there or something. How would you know if people are being terrorised there. Would they come down and knock on your door to fill you in for some reason?

One of the most notorious burglars in Waterford lives there. Professional burglar that has served many years in prison and is scoping out houses for youngfellas. Garda are well aware but are powerless to do anything as they cant prove it. Thats coming from a Garda not from some rumour.

I can confirm that. That's what the detective told me when I was robbed. We were told that a few times by Gardai. After we left the landlord put in an alarm on all the houses he owns in Meadowbank.

I'd love to see the robbery figures for Meadowbank.

3 a week on average. As ive said already thats from the Garda not a rumour.

In and around that area has one of the highest rates of robberies in the City.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 emszylou

Hi does anybody know are there still robberies going on in Meadowbank?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jellyfrogs

emszylou wrote: »

No .

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

emszylou wrote: »

Yes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement