Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running watches

Options
  • 10-01-2013 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi

A friend of mine has got into running and is looking to buy a good running watch. I have the Garmin 610 which I think is great but his budget is €150-170. Could anyone recommend one for this value that covers all. The basics of a running watch.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

smurph10 wrote: »
    Hi

A friend of mine has got into running and is looking to buy a good running watch. I have the Garmin 610 which I think is great but his budget is €150-170. Could anyone recommend one for this value that covers all. The basics of a running watch.

Thanks

Garmin FR10 is €135.00. Very simple running watch, pace, distance, time & average pace. All the usual Garmin Connect stuff as well.

Very hard to beat as a GPS watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Garmin FR10 is €135.00. Very simple running watch, pace, distance, time & average pace. All the usual Garmin Connect stuff as well.

Very hard to beat as a GPS watch.

Wifey has one, likes it. Doesn't fog. (Admittedly I'm not allowed use it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭CLARiiON

I was going to grab a hold of this watch too, but the fact there's no Heart Rate Monitor (HRM) i opted out.. Might be worth considering before you make the purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

tunney wrote: »
    Wifey has one, likes it. Doesn't fog. (Admittedly I'm not allowed use it)

Bought one for herself for Christmas too. Shes very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

BTH wrote: »
    Bought one for herself for Christmas too. Shes very happy with it.

Why are you buying my wife watches?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

CLARiiON wrote: »
    I was going to grab a hold of this watch too, but the fact there's no Heart Rate Monitor (HRM) i opted out.. Might be worth considering before you make the purchase

Yes, there is no option to add a HR strap and transmitter with this watch. If you want this you need to move up to the FR210 or better. FR110 I think is near end of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

tunney wrote: »
    Why are you buying my wife watches?

Just trying to be nice, she has enough to put up with. That woman is a saint! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Yes, there is no option to add a HR strap and transmitter with this watch. If you want this you need to move up to the FR210 or better. FR110 I think is near end of days.

The FR110 with HRM strap is discounted on Amazon.co.uk for £109.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-Mens-Heart-Rate-Monitor/dp/B003EGC47Y/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1358009756&sr=8-3

Is this a decent option? I've been asked to recommend a present of a running watch for someone and this is around the right price.

Advertisement