Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

happ LCD moniters

Options
  • 10-01-2013 10:51am

Hay Lads,
    Any body got any experience with the vision pro range?
    http://na.suzohapp.com/monitors/49260310.htm

Ive been given a 19inch model and Im going to use it to get my cab up and running till I can get the funds for something bigger and fills the cab a bit better.

I have an issue tho.I wasn't given a power supply.
    Now the spec says 12dc at 2500ma
    2.5amps dc!
    I managed to get a multi voltage voltage one from radionics that said it was 2500ma but in reality it only did 1500 at 12v.(2500ma at 5v or something)

Or if someone had one I'd like to try mine on there supply and check its working before I spend anymore time/money on it.
    I'm trying to get the cab going ASAP and as usual the monitor is going to slow me down!

any ideas?
    Thanks

Edit (found one on fleabay.Going to bite the bullet and order it I think)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

What's wrong with the original CRT in your machine? I'd look at fixing the CRT if its dead or replacing the CRT with another, you'd be mad to put an LCD into that cabinet.
    If your putting a mame machine in your cab anyway why do you need this, over a standard LCD?

It didnt come with a screen !
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

urbanledge wrote: »
    It didnt come with a screen !
    :(
    Personally I think you'd be mad putting an LCD into that
    I think keithgeo or someone was giving one away recently and it'll look 100 times better than a LCD.
    If not mithomagic should have something for sale

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Passed two on the Kerbdog recently, id say mitch has a load of them though!

• Advertisement

I'd rather a better fitting CRT to be honest.
    But I have the happ and if its working its going in to for a while to I can afford/source the right crt for the job.
    My gfx card has dvi outputs,Any way to hook them up to an arcade moniter?

I'd like to keep the original glass but its got one big scratch. Im fairly sure I could replace the glass and re-size the hole/artwork keeping it original looking.

keithgeo wrote: »

What sort of inputs would that have?

have you a pc in your cab? Im not 100% on how to hook a pc up to a crt like this to be honest, one of the other lads will know, it wont have a vga connection or anything on it. it will just be standard wires for hooking up to jamma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

There are wires in the jamma loom that connect, r g b sync etc. So connecting a pc up to an arcade crt {jamma} is as simple as plugging a jpac into the jamma harness.

Just a pc in it,
    just had a quick google.
    Seems straight forward but would possible need a different gfx card to drop the refresh rate.
    Either way I dont have the dosh.
    I asked him for the dimensions for the craic but I doubt it will be a runner at the monent

What do you think it would be worth ?
    If this Happ monitor works I might be able to flog it.

• Advertisement

Not sure, i dont think its worth 200 myself to be honest, ive bought cabs with working monitors for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

keithgeo wrote: »
    Passed two on the Kerbdog recently, id say mitch has a load of them though!

I've hadn't a chance to look at them closely yet :) if someone else is looking for one/two they are more than welcome to'em

Advertisement