Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The where are you based thread.

Options
  • 10-01-2013 6:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭

So I thought I'd set this up for people to possibly find new people to paddle with.

I'm based in Kilkenny, just got a second hand boat, a liquid logic java grande.

*mods feel free to delete if ye wish

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 SUPing

Arawn wrote: »
    So I thought I'd set this up for people to possibly find new people to paddle with.

I'm based in Kilkenny, just got a second hand boat, a liquid logic java grande.

*mods feel free to delete if ye wish
    If your in Kilkenny check out your local clubs
    Kilkenny aqua kayak club in the city
    Thomastown paddlers

Plenty of great paddling oportunities around the area.

Paddy

www.pureadventure.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Aye I remember you saying that during the summer alright, Do you have a name and number for the one in the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cyclegal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

Don't think i'm much help.....based in Ohio

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

What are the local runs like?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

MugMugs wrote: »
    What are the local runs like?????

Right now frozen solid :D it was 20 below freezing yesterday........

Mostly flat water.......sadly, Ohio is very level land so even the fastest flowing rivers and streams here don't have much by way of whitewater.

But we take occasionaly drives further south towards the mountains in Kentucky/Tennessee, pretty high level whitewater rapids down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Right now frozen solid :D it was 20 below freezing yesterday........

Mostly flat water.......sadly, Ohio is very level land so even the fastest flowing rivers and streams here don't have much by way of whitewater.

But we take occasionaly drives further south towards the mountains in Kentucky/Tennessee, pretty high level whitewater rapids down there.

Feel free throw any footage this way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭K2

living in Westport, Co Mayo. After a very long break from paddling I got a boat and gear together late last year and am itching to get surfing down the road in Louisburgh when it gets warmer. Keen to hook up with some other paddlers for safety and craic reasons but, just like my hillwalking, I'm not interested in joining a club. And no, I'm not an antisocial bas%£$d :P

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭leftism

Where you living in Ohio? I'm living in Indiana at the moment. Only a couple hours from you! There's a former world class slalom kayaker named Dorian Wolter living in Columbus. Not many paddlers in the Midwest so we tend to stick together where possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭mlumley

Im in Clonmel. Just built a Conadian Canoe (pics in boating & Sailing, the launch). Been out in it twice for a quick trip. Looking forward to warmer weather and going up the Suir.

• Advertisement
Advertisement