Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Korg D16XD in need of URGENT REPAIR! Please help

Options
  • 10-01-2013 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I'm having a serious problem with my studio. Please help!! I will travel countrywide if needs be to get this fixed. Here is the problem in as brief as possible. I have pics of the screen that I can email too....

Today when I was finishing a recording session I tried to open a new project. I got a 'Drive Error' message. tried 'Save Now' and got the same message. When I shut the machine down I got another 'Drive error' message.

I re turned on the recorder- "Fatal: PowerOn Error"
    I pressed 'Initialize'
    I was given an option to Partition. I pressed 'Yes'

A box came up saying
    "***/!\Partition
    Fatal: No Drive Error***"

I pressed OK.... a box came up saying "Saving" followed by

"***/!\
    Fatal: Invalid Parameter Error"

Pressed 'OK'. Followed by "PowerOff- Executing"

Then it just shuts off...

Went to a computer tech today and he tried putting in 2 new hard drives. No luck with one drive but the other began to partition, it was looking good then the 'Fatal: No Drive Error' came up again... sickened!

I hope somebody can help. My band has taken the entire month off gigs to do pre production for our next record. We were supposed to be starting drums tomorrow...I would appreciate any advice or help you can give.

Thanks for reading :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭SeanHurley

Sounds like the hard drive is gone. You may have also wiped whatever data is on it by initializing it.

Give Fixtronix in Longford a call they might be able to sort it for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 21outs

Hi Sean,

Thanks for your help. Ya, i figured that. Luckily it was in the early stages of the recording. Only lost click tracks. Could have been a total nightmare scenario altogether.

I'll check out FiXtronix. Thanks again.

SeanHurley wrote: »
    Sounds like the hard drive is gone. You may have also wiped whatever data is on it by initializing it.

Give Fixtronix in Longford a call they might be able to sort it for ya.

Hi Sean,

Just wanted to thank you again. I spoke to a guy at Fixtronix who kindly offered some great advice which led to me resolving the problem! DELIGHTED!!!
    Thanks again,
    Philip

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭SeanHurley

21outs wrote: »
    Hi Sean,

Just wanted to thank you again. I spoke to a guy at Fixtronix who kindly offered some great advice which led to me resolving the problem! DELIGHTED!!!
    Thanks again,
    Philip

No worries at all man, delighted it you got it fixed. Best of luck with the album!

Cheers sean :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement