Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of collection have you?

Options
  • 09-01-2013 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭

First off if this has been done here before feel free to delete it. Couldn't find a similar thread when I searched but I could have missed it.

So anyway what type of collection have you.

I bought an N64 today with 9 games. Had it as a kid so was delighted to get it.

Also bought a Playstation 2 on adverts not so long ago with 10 games or so.

I'm on my 2nd xbox 360 (damn red ring) and have about 15 games for it. Got rid of loads recently due to not playin them.

I have a psp with roughly 20 games

I have a DS with about 3/4 DS games and several GBA games

I also bought a neo geo pocket color recently with 6 games.

It's a ridiculous amount of stuff to own. I think I'll attic some of it soon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I fear you'll have to redefine your notion of 'ridiculous', should one of the collectors here bite.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I have a fair few consoles and games but mainly collect Nintendo these days, and arcade cabs.

I guess i have about 130 boxed NES games, 2 boxed NES consoles

30ish Boxed SNES games a boxed SF2 SNES. Virtual boy with a few games, boxed gameboy and games and a few other nintendo handhelds.

All the other usual ones, megacd, n64, gamecube, megadrives, ataris, handhelds etc.

Ive 5 Arcade Cabs and 2 Arcade Cocktail Tables at the minute too.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Mr.Saturn wrote: »

I fear you'll have to redefine your notion of 'ridiculous', should one of the collectors here bite.

Indeed!

I pretty much have everything mainstream since the atari 2600. Just filling in obscure holes these days.

Arcade hardware and software has had most of my attention the last three years. It just seems much more interesting.

If I had the space Id sell loads of my stuff to fund buying a room full of cabs.

haha i was going to say.. thats a padawan amount of retro stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Agreed. Rediculous for me maybe cause I get to play them so rarely these days.
    Would love to have more time damn it!!
    Would love to be 15 again.

Anyway just interested as to what sort if stuff others have.

I'm so glad I found this forum because the console I play most now is the ngpc which I love. Best controller stick thing on a handheld ever!

• Advertisement

There used to be a thread called show us your collection\games room or something , it was great had photos of peoples stuff, we should start up one of them again, love looking at other peoples stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

keithgeo wrote: »
    There used to be a thread called show us your collection\games room or something , it was great had photos of peoples stuff, we should start up one of them again, love looking at other peoples stuff.

Yes please. Would be nice to see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Have all the usual 8,16,32bit sega & nintendo consoles, a hand full of games for each, have most the handhelds but to be honest don't play them.
    I've a Whirlwind pinball and JAMMA cab with a hand full of boards.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I only have a 360, PS3, Wii U and a 3ds.
    My first console was a 360 and I have a large collection of Fifa games....

Or I might be kidding....

Actually, it's easier to say what I don't have, I don't have an arcade cab, a neo geo cd, a Vita or a Philips CDi, thank the gods!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,867 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

First off if this has been done here before feel free to delete it. Couldn't find a similar thread when I searched but I could have missed it.

So anyway what type of collection have you.

I bought an N64 today with 9 games. Had it as a kid so was delighted to get it.

Also bought a Playstation 2 on adverts not so long ago with 10 games or so.

I'm on my 2nd xbox 360 (damn red ring) and have about 15 games for it. Got rid of loads recently due to not playin them.

I have a psp with roughly 20 games

I have a DS with about 3/4 DS games and several GBA games

I also bought a neo geo pocket color recently with 6 games.

If only I have a backlog that small. It's not even funny the amount of stuff I have that I want to get around to :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Mainly snes stuff, couple of boxed consoles, 2 modifed consoles, 100 games or so

Some gameboy bits too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Ill post up some updated pics of my stuff this evening. I have all the main consoles and handhelds apart from a nes.

I want to actually do a list of everything I have so I can keep track of it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Most of the mainstream consoles, couple of rarer/crappier ones like CDi and Jaguar CD as well.

No handhelds at all.

Couple of Jamma bits but no full size cabinet.

Ill post up some updated pics of my stuff this evening. I have all the main consoles and handhelds apart from a nes.

I want to actually do a list of everything I have so I can keep track of it all!

We should start a new Show us your Collection thread and post our stuff in that, id say the other one is Zombied at this stage.

Master of the Universe

Most of the mainstream consoles, couple of rarer/crappier ones like CDi and Jaguar CD as well.

No handhelds at all.

Couple of Jamma bits but no full size cabinet.

Zero handhelds at all? strange! Just no interest in them no?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

o1s1n wrote: »
    Zero handhelds at all? strange! Just no interest in them no?

Used to have a PSP but never really used it that much. Would like a few but afraid to open that pandoras box of collecting :)

I suppose the tablet & phone cover my handheld gaming needs for now. I think the screen quality of the old handhelds would probably just annoy me too much as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,867 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've been focusing more and more on handheld collecting. Have 100+ DS games and have been picking up a few Gameboy games as well. Been looking at the Game Gear and really love my NGP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Despite having & collecting a good few of them, I'm not really into handhelds at all

EnterNow wrote: »
    Despite having & collecting a good few of them, I'm not really into handhelds at all

Im the same i have a few but not bothered with them, I love my TomyTronics though, and Astro Wars.

Master of the Universe

The DS really got me back into handhelds, I hadn't really bothered with them for years. There sheer number of great games for that console though is just amazing.

Coupled with being able to download the latest game and throw it on a flash cart, well...as a broke student with a total of 4 hours to commute daily it was heaven. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Going for a complete boxed N64 collection. Much easier to Achieve as it's less than 250 titles

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

Nice thread, me myself have 15+ mainstream consoles from Atari 2600 to PS3 - SOME notable absenteeism's i.e NES, just between you and me, I dont care much for Mario, but dont tell anyone around here, people often get offended :-)

I'm not happy that a lot of my older games are PAL. At least I haven't got big collections except for the N64 but it's annoying to have to rebuild my collections. At least with some consoles a mod will get most PAL games running properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

I've a couple of gameboy games.......

ok not a couple more like hundreds.
    I mainly collect handheld games and consoles amd Nintendo are my main babies.
    have gameboy, gameboy color, gba, ds & 3ds though my 3ds collection is seriously laggijng.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

o1s1n wrote: »
    The DS really got me back into handhelds, I hadn't really bothered with them for years. There sheer number of great games for that console though is just amazing.

OBJECTION!!!

There no mention of Phoenix Wright in this thread :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Neo Geo Aes and 16 boxed games for it.

JP Sega Saturn boxed with around 10 games for it. One sealed.

Boxed Sega Megadrive with around 30 fully boxed games nothing über rare like megaman but one or two nice titles

3 boxed gameboy micros they were all mint but one got atticed. Couple loose gameboys and around 50 boxed gameboy, colour and advance titles

US SNes with earthbound, Chrono trigger amount others and a sealed fzero

Around 50 boxed Snes games.

Around 30 boxed n64 titles

40-50 GameCube games and a boxed cube

Zelda 3DS and an ice white as well with around ten titles (basically the whole catalogue)

The best of the 3DO versions on the way

Boxed Neo Geo pocket no games!

Boxed Turtles NES console

Sold off a rake of stuff back at start of December with the intentions of buying a AV Famicom, 3DO FZ-1, and a boot load of games but crashed a rental van first!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'm not happy that a lot of my older games are PAL. At least I haven't got big collections except for the N64 but it's annoying to have to rebuild my collections. At least with some consoles a mod will get most PAL games running properly.

I'll happily relieve you of those N64 titles for a minimal fee.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I must bolster my Snes collection, it is lacking where my MD collection is not.
    It's gotten better over the last year but there are still a few holes, like Castlevania IV for example, there's a few Parodius related titles to be had as well.
    In the coming year I'd like to add a PC Engine to complement the TG16, a Turbo Duo and Turbo Express/GT would be great too.
    I'd like to add a couple of Game & Watch and an Amiga 1200 as well.
    I may try to get my PS2 slim chipped so it's region free or get a pair of the needed NTSC consoles.
    A busy year ahead!

Advertisement