Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus 07 warning light

Options
  • 09-01-2013 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

the past two mornings driving to work; a red warning light with exclamation mark has come on for about 30 minutes each time. i lose cruise control and indicators dont work. any one know what might be the cause. i only had major service done before christmas so really hoping its nothing major.
    its automatic 1.6 petrol by the way

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ford jedi

does your cental lockin stop workin too ? do you have a passenger with big feet?
    if so throw your head down in the passenger footwell and look upwards your will see 2 electrical plugs, they have a little lever in the middle push them all the way home ,, main cause , passenger with big feet

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭lazorgirl

ford jedi wrote: »
    does your cental lockin stop workin too ? do you have a passenger with big feet?
    if so throw your head down in the passenger footwell and look upwards your will see 2 electrical plugs, they have a little lever in the middle push them all the way home ,, main cause , passenger with big feet

??? its just little me driving, no passengers. not sure if central locking stops working, if light comes on tomorrow when i'm driving down i will open door just to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ford jedi

its a very common problem on that model just even check the two plugs before you leave,, the most common sign is you loose indicators and centrallocking ,, but also the warning light u may be seen is the below zero frost light , it starts as on orange light and turns red the colder it gets it may explain why it goes off 30 mins in to your journey . does it look like a snow flake by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭lazorgirl

ford jedi wrote: »
    sincere apologies Fordjedi, thought you were pulling my leg last night!
    checked for plugs and adjusted lever this morning before heading off and back home 400km later and no problem; the warning light (red one, circle with inner exclamation mark didnt appear at all).
    i did have my brother with his size 12 feet in the car with me on sunday and since problem only arose on monday, i'm totally converted to your theory.
    thanks for your help, has saved me a trip to garage and a good few euros i'm sure:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PAUL62

Ford Jedi, thanks a mill for your info on the relay in the foot well, it sorted all my problems out. I registered with boards just to thank you for the info. Paul.

• Advertisement
Advertisement