Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reopen BOI account

Options
  • 09-01-2013 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

Hi there lads,

In september 2011 I left Ireland and since then I have not been using my BOI account. Since I am now back in the country I would like to use this account again.

My question is: Do they close your account if it's not used?
    There was no money in the account when I left (bar a couple of quid), so I assume I have an overdraft now because of the charged fees. Would this create a problem in reopening the bank account?

Also I am currently living in a different city than I've opened the bank account in, will I have to show them bills and stuff again?
    Also I cannot remember any of the codes needed to use the account (PIN number, number to use online banking,...)
    What's the best way to go about his?

Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

They will basically make you open a brand new account. You will need proof of id and address etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Right. If I will have to do all of that maybe I should go to a different bank? Or do u think BOI is the best one?

Hell no. Go with UB, no fees and better online systems. The big disaster with their systems recently is the only black-mark against them, and things like that are pretty rare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Aren't Ulster Bank soon introducing fees in line with the other banks though?

I'm sure BoI and AIB would like people to think so :) Who knows what the future will bring... Right now it's free.

• Advertisement

Yea I've heard about that, but that could happen to any bank I suppose.. Thanks for your reply anyway, very helpful.

Even if they were bringing it in in a couple of months, it'd be worth saving some money now I'd say

Advertisement