Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late application date? // TOEFL // CAO information evening

Options
  • 09-01-2013 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey! :)

I have got several questions concerning the application at DCU.
    I would like to apply for the BA in Applied Language and Intercultural Communication this year (2013). I come from Germany so my school leaving examinations (Abitur) take place in April and May.

As the closing date for applications is February 1st, can I apply with my half-year certificate and send my school leaving certificate later? I would also have to take a TOEFL test to prove my English language skills, can I send these results later, too?

And I have tried to find out who can apply until the late application date, May 1st, but I did not succeed^^ can I also apply until May or do I have to have applied by February?

Last question: Next week there is an CAO information evening - would it make sense for me to come to Dublin for that, is it very helpful?

Thank you :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Kessalia wrote: »
    Hey! :)

I have got several questions concerning the application at DCU.
    I would like to apply for the BA in Applied Language and Intercultural Communication this year (2013). I come from Germany so my school leaving examinations (Abitur) take place in April and May.

As the closing date for applications is February 1st, can I apply with my half-year certificate and send my school leaving certificate later? I would also have to take a TOEFL test to prove my English language skills, can I send these results later, too?

And I have tried to find out who can apply until the late application date, May 1st, but I did not succeed^^ can I also apply until May or do I have to have applied by February?

Last question: Next week there is an CAO information evening - would it make sense for me to come to Dublin for that, is it very helpful?

Thank you :)

Hi!

I'm actually studying this course at the moment so good choice :) Just a tiny note - from Sept 2013 onwards it'll be known as Applied Languages and Translation Studies and there'll no longer be a choice between studying Intercultural & Translation studies. Just in case you weren't aware of that!

Regarding the CAO - in Ireland, we don't get our final school results until June. All CAO applications must be made before the exams and results are received. So basically, you need to do the same as all Irish students - fill in your CAO application by Feb 1st. Late applications are available to everyone but you have to pay an extra fee. So it makes no sense to leave it till May!

There's a period between May 1st and July 1st where you can change your CAO for no cost. This is there so that people can change their choices after they've taken their exams if they do wish.

I don't know if there's any special things International students need to do when applying for the CAO - your best bet would be to maybe contact the CAO offices yourself. I think there's a number or an e-mail address on their website.

Hope that helps!

Advertisement