Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WoW buds?

Options
  • 09-01-2013 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

So I played WoW for a good bit and am looking to start playing again, I got up to level 85 with one character but never really got into the whole gemming thing or any of the best armor at the time, one big problem I had was with people being a bit condesending towards me as I didnt know a lot of the terms or what was going on storywise sometimes or if I made a mistake.
    Anyways if I start playing again I was hoping to find some people who just play for fun and enjoy having a chat while having a laugh on it and dont take themselves too seriously. My characters are on Doomhammer (I know lame right? :P )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I would normally recommend moving off of doomhammer as it has a very low population but as it is a new player friendly and non pvp it might suit you.

I dont think you will take flak over not knowing the story, its not like doomhammer is a roleplaying realm and most players aren't into the story either way. However what you will get flak for is if you want to do team events that your not geared for or not capable of doing.

I would recommend looking at sites like http://www.noxxic.com/ for simple guides on how to gear a character properly and what your dps rotation is. This will go a long in helping you get around people talking down to you, I dont know what people said to you exactly but some tips;
    1. If your doing dungeons with public people expect to meet condescending assholes
    2. Telling people that you are new or dont know the content goes a long way, allot of groups dont mind helping a new player as long as they open their mouths
    3. Allot of the content is super easy now, you just need to make sure you are doing the right thing in terms of getting your damage up on a enemy and your avoiding crap on the ground
    4. Be careful of the guild you join, if you join a gold farm ( guild with 100's of members getting leveling perks) there is no sense of community.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

Maxdps.com

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

AskMrRobot is all you need to know for engame gearing really.

Anything other then max level, its easy eough to see the upgrades, but askmrrobot does all the hard work for you

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Willow01

Hey thanks for all the tips so far! Im sure theyll prove very handy! :D But I think maybe I wasnt all that clear with my original question, I was more asking if there was anyone who wanted to play together who wouldnt be too bothered by my being noobish! :P

I don't play on Doomhammer, if you join outland horde i can get you into a wPvP guild which has all range of players and a good community.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

mmmmmmmm... wait times....

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Willow01 wrote: »
    Hey thanks for all the tips so far! Im sure theyll prove very handy! :D But I think maybe I wasnt all that clear with my original question, I was more asking if there was anyone who wanted to play together who wouldnt be too bothered by my being noobish! :P

I would love to, because although I've played for a year I'm pretty noobish. Get awful abuse doing random dungeons so just keep to myself now. Unfortunately I play on an Oceanic realm so wouldn't be any use to you. I have nice guildies but they're all in aus so not around when I am really. Looked at starting an EU toon but I can only access American/Oceanic servers.

I just want to have a laugh as well but the amount of assholes who take it really seriously drives me mad!

Calhoun wrote: »
    I don't play on Doomhammer, if you join outland horde i can get you into a wPvP guild which has all range of players and a good community.

Thanks for the offer I may move to outland eventually but Im not really into PvP yet although Im thinking when I get all the PvE out of my system Ill give you a shout! :)

Ah yeah I know that feeling! Well if you ever start an EU character and fancy doing quests and stuff gimme a shout! :D

• Advertisement

I would suggest you go to somewhere like Draenor so which has a big horde PVE community.

Calhoun wrote: »
    I would suggest you go to somewhere like Draenor so which has a big horde PVE community.

Ah cool I might just do that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Zenedar is also a massive Horde population. In my estimation probably about 95% Horde 5% alliance......

Advertisement