Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

duathlon/ adventure race clubs

Options
  • 09-01-2013 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hello
    I would like to do duathlons and adventure races this year.
    Is there such a thing as a club in Dublin for such things? Mainly because if I'm participating in another part of the country, then I'd know people at the event to hang out. None of my friends are into this kind of thing but it's defo my cup of tea.
    I've done 5k and 10k races and 20k cycles but by myself and it would be nice to have like minded humans there....if ya get me!!!
    Moral of the story- club?
    Thanks
    SimonSays

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭Enduro

Presumably what your talking about is not adventure racing (if there is no mountain biking or no navigating, or you're not in a team, then you're not adventure racing), but multi-sports races like Gael Force or the Moxie challenges or ROAR.

If so, then there are no clubs for multisport that I know of. The nearest equivalent would be a triathlon club, of which there are plenty.

There are no (real) adventure racing clubs either, but there are quite a few teams around, and there are places where adventure racers meet up for group training sessions. A very prominant collection of adventure racers meet for kayak sessions at Total Experience in Lacken, for example. That's probably the most regular AR training group I'm aware of in the country.

The traditional meeting spot for adventure racers (outside of ARs themselves) over the years has been the likes of IMRA races. Quite a few are also members of various mountain bike clubs.

I'll let someone else answer about Duathlons, but I'd presume that similar to multi-sports the answer would be to join a triathlon club.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Yeah join a triathlon club and skip the swim sessions - plenty of them would be doing the duathlons and the likes of Gaelsport, War etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Activ multisport tri club might be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭simonsays1

Thanks for all the helpful responses!!

Advertisement