Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone any feedback on BauMeister windows (BMNE)?

Options
  • 09-01-2013 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all
    I am looking for high quality triple glazed PVC for our home renovation project (to put in context - we will have a *lot* of insulation, airtightness, mechanical ventilation)

Budget does not extend to Alu-clad, and we are concerned about the maintenance requirements for timber which is why we are going with uPVC

Most Irish suppliers of triple glazed uPVC do not appear to be providing appropriately sized frames or spacing in their PVC offering, so I changed the search to look for passive house standard uPVC (we won't end up with a passive house, but a passive standard window gives me the reassurance I need about the overall spec).

Suppliers we have identified who offer this are:

Munster - won't touch with a barge pole due to so much poor word of mouth
    Megrame - v expensive
    Eco-Glaze - have failed to return 2 phone calls and an email enquiry
    BauMeister <SNIP> - very impressed so far with sales person but can't find any feedback either here on boards or generally through Google, aside from the testimonials on their website

So if anyone out there has any experience good, bad or indifferent, I would really like to hear it.
    Also, if any one knows of any other suppliers who offer really good uPVC triple glazing I'd welcome the info. It need not necessarily be a passive-certified window, but that's the standard I am judging against.

(Apols in advance if this is in the wrong location)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 SLselfbuild

Grady windows in mayo. Timber alu and upvc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

sounds like a bit of a sales pitch there to me, considering no real technical detail on that website link.

never had any problems (out of the ordinary) with the company you won't touch with a barge pole, they have upped their game in recent years in terms of standards and to their credit they were the Irish window company (manufacturer) to achieve a certified passivhaus institute window.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 SLselfbuild

I

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I didnt give a web link and Why would it be a sales pitch iv nothing to do with any company. i hav seen there work and its looks good imo.
    archtech's comments were directed at the OP.

Prob better if u stay on the topic and and let him decide for himself.
    And its probably better that you drop the back seat modding.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Troy McClure

PM sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭fatty pang

archtech wrote: »
    sounds like a bit of a sales pitch there to me, considering no real technical detail on that website link.

never had any problems (out of the ordinary) with the company you won't touch with a barge pole, they have upped their game in recent years in terms of standards and to their credit they were the Irish window company (manufacturer) to achieve a certified passivhaus institute window.

The PHI certification only looks at the thermal properties and is a software exercise. The installation details have been optimised for thermal efficiency rather then durability.
    There is a lot more then that to making a durable window that is suitable for the climate in the British Isles.
    Does it have Kite Mark, Q-Mark or Agrement certification?

Advertisement