Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long Term lead exposures blood tests and xrays

Options
  • 09-01-2013 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi all

not sure if right board perhaps someone can point me in right direction>?

A situation has arose where i have ingested lead for 13 years in my job long story anyhow but the expsoure has prob been minimal in past 2 years as i was absent for spinal fusion but prior to this id have consumed alot of water ie 6-8 large mugs of tea a day/water daily here in my office

Now bottled water was supplied within past 2 years as water was tasting off but never properly tested by the owner my boss in utter disbelief it was discovered he was filling the kettle and water bottles behind our backs for past few months and leaving it there for us to drink not drinking himself might i add! and as we all have had various ailments and the fact there is pregnant girl here we decided to buy our own test which came back positive for lead he was imediately challanged and admitted his wrongdoing so i reported it to DCC and they cam out and checked and the level is actually 3 times the legal limit!!!

I am horrified since i started work here i have suffered six misccarriages developed blood disorder and crohns and now 2 lesions have appeared on my liver (common in fairness but still a worry)

The HSE & EPA are advised also and the hse told me that i could discuss with my gp in light of my symptoms and get the bloods done but my dr hasnt a clue where i get it done or where i can get xray done for the bone lead level, i am determined to get these done if i have to got to england i will its too serious an issue to not get checked as lead never leaves ur body

Can anyone advise me where to go from here

Many thanks in advance .

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

You need to discuss this with your own doctor. Medical advise is not allowed here as per the forum charter

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement