Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really need to clear something up...Please help.

Options
  • 09-01-2013 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi,

I am in my 2nd year of a two year MSc.

I started in September 2011.

I did not receive the grant in the last academic year, as I was not eligible.

I believe I am entitled to it this year, however.

I applied through SUSI and they tell me that I am entitled to 100% fee contribution of up to 2,000.

Here is the issue- I am NOT a NEW postgrad student. According to this:http://www.studentfinance.ie/mp9543/postgraduate-students/index.html I am entitled to fees and maintenence because it says that "Postgraduate students continuing on their existing courses will not be affected by these changes."

I have asked SUSI for clarification, and they have told me that there is no maintenance grant for postgrads period.

Is this true?

Should I appeal? I feel that they are treating me as a new postgrad- which I am not!

Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

If you didn't receive anything last year then this is your first time as a post grad grant recipient. This is probably why they are assessing you as a new applicant.

Advertisement