Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cisco CCNA hardware IOS versions?

Options
  • 09-01-2013 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,089 ✭✭✭

hi folks,

I know there are emulators out there but i'd rather use physical hardware, could anyone tell me the current ios version on the exams?

thanks in advance,

mada

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

I'm using 12.4(15)T13.
    Versions are not going to be an issue in most cases for CCNA.

Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭UDP

I dont think there is a version of IOS that is used in the exam. Any configuration is done on a simulator with a restricted set of commands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

UDP wrote: »
    I dont think there is a version of IOS that is used in the exam. Any configuration is done on a simulator with a restricted set of commands.

Thats true if you are preparing to pass the simulation on the exam only.

If you want to try as many features as possible and understand things in detail its important.

BTW - this might be useful -
    http://www.routergods.com/links/topologies/

When you open the files in a text editor you will have a good understanding of what you need ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 PatrickMc

iRock do you recon that GNS3 is better than packet tracer for the ccna ?

As always thx in advance........PmC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭UDP

PatrickMc wrote: »
    iRock do you recon that GNS3 is better than packet tracer for the ccna ?

As always thx in advance........PmC

Packet tracer is good for learning as it does have all the commands necessary for CCNA and you can visually see the packets - pause them and open them up. Obviously it is limited in its functionality compared to GNS3 which is running actual IOS's. I would use packet tracer to start off with and do most if not all the study with but it would be a good idea to use GNS3 to get the feel of a realy router/switch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,089 ✭✭✭mada999

cheers folks!

Advertisement