Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loads of new tax bands?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

I thought it was only more expensive taxing for 3 months and worked out the same if you taxed it every 6 months??

Did they change that?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

colm_mcm wrote: »

Do you not remember all the chatter about it around budget time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I dunno about you, but I was too busy crying over my cc rate. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,506 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I heard about the increases, but there's 4 different Band A rates. And 2 different band B rates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Jesus the tax band G would really put you off a post 2008 V8 range rover €2350 a year:eek::eek::eek:
    And I thought the cc based tax was as extortionate as possible :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

These are worse than fog light threads ..

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDC4I8Kf4jQ54dvfH0DFf9_5vdXdl65hpxoSEjYNnyPqNg-fQxyA

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I thought it was only more expensive taxing for 3 months and worked out the same if you taxed it every 6 months??

Did they change that?

eh no it's always been more expensive to tax for less than twelve months.

Monster thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056848821

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

I dunno about you, but I was too busy crying over my cc rate. :(

I was too busy crying over my CO2 rate, band D up €90:mad:

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I heard about the increases, but there's 4 different Band A rates. And 2 different band B rates

The outrage of the majority of the boards regulars at their cc rates going up, somewhat muffled the outrage of those few who mentioned the splitting of the a and b bands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭junkyarddog

pred racer wrote: »
    I was too busy crying over my CO2 rate, band D up €90:mad:

Me too,Going to tax mine tomorrow €570 for 12 months,
    was "only" €440 when I got it,then €480.Sickened TBH.:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Are octavia is in a4 at 119 g/km only 1 g/km away from b. luckily we taxed it for a year in early December. Still we only bought it 14 months ago and back then it was 104 euro now 200 euro 92.3 percent increases. The one good thing I can see about splitting the bands is at least the electric cars pay lower tax it is some incentive to buy electric initially they were 104 euro back last year the same as most diesels hardly fair for a car that produces no emissions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,898 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Does this apply to all emissions based or just new cars from 2013 onwards?

Does this apply to all emissions based or just new cars from 2013 onwards?

All emission based cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,898 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They should really give anything below 100g/km free tax. I'm against the zero rating they are giving electric cars, Ireland has no nuclear power and limited wind power, really a study shoupd assess the true g/km figure bases on how kw of electricity are generated in the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,506 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They should really give anything below 100g/km free tax. I'm against the zero rating they are giving electric cars, Ireland has no nuclear power and limited wind power, really a study shoupd assess the true g/km figure bases on how kw of electricity are generated in the country.

Electricity they're giving away to ev drivers, that's beore you get to the subsidies for buying them, but that's another days work...

I'm against the zero rating they are giving electric cars, Ireland has no nuclear power and limited wind power, really a study shoupd assess the true g/km figure bases on how kw of electricity are generated in the country.

I often wondered the same myself. It generally takes emissions to create the electricity to charge the electric car. The only way to have a truly emission free electric car is to charge is using one of the solar charger set up. Or charge it from electricity generated through other renewable resources such hydroelectric or wind. The government seem to base the emissions on how many g/km the vehicle uses when it is being driven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

My €710 motor tax bill for a car I rarely drive is due. Disgusting F*****g C**ts. Boils my blood it does.

Advertisement