Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why evolution is not scientifically possible...

Options
  • 08-01-2013 10:24pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Apparently - it's all just a story...

Gets popcorn....:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

"Evolution that life came from non-life..."

Evolution does not make this claim - abiogenesis does. Common religitard error #1.

10 seconds into the video, and something tells me it's not going to get any better from here..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I foresee an ELE in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Nope. Not watching that. I prefer my brain to not be mush.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

dlofnep wrote: »
    "Evolution that life came from non-life..."

Evolution does not make this claim - abiogenesis does. Common religitard error #1.

10 seconds into the video, and something tells me it's not going to get any better from here..

Hard to imagine - but it gets worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Oh no, not this "no genetic information is gained" schtick. Repeating the same old nonsense. Yawn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Sycopat

I liked how the little ape pictures had tails. It's when they get the easy basics wrong that you know they haven't a clue.

The video is based on two claims.

One of which has nothing to do with evolution. (life not being observed to come from non-life.)

The other is wrong. (No known mechanism to add genetic 'information' to an organism. Despite genetic information being, literally, a chemical base pair and their being all sorts of ways genetic sequences can be, and have been observed to be, modified.)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

It's almost like they know they can't disprove it by representing it accurately so do their best to misrepresent it as best they can...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Dades wrote: »
    I foresee an ELE in this thread.

morgan-spice-two.jpg?w=500&h=2558

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Barr125

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Hard to imagine - but it gets worse.

You bet it gets worse, there are 6 of these videos, spanning across every single Creationist propaganda slogan/argument that's every been proposed (and shot down in flames.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Rabble rabble blah culture and presents and toys.... blah blah, protons, science life blah blah, gifts don't come from non-gifts, blah blah in a laboratory, rabble rabble blah .... but if you think about it rationally.... this is all possible with Santa Claus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

If a creationist wins a noble peace prize or the like, ill then take notice.

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    If a creationist wins a noble peace prize or the like, ill then take notice.

If a creationist wins a nobel prize, I'll discredit the prize.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

DB21 wrote: »
    If a creationist wins a nobel prize, I'll discredit the prize.

Well, the nobel peace prize is for bringing about peace.
    You can do that and be a creationist and have no concept of science whatsoever. Same with the nobel prize for literature.

The Nobel Science prizes are in : Physics, Chemistry, Physiology & Medicine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

If evolution is true then Darwinian mechanisms cannot explain it. It's a preposterous idea that random variations and natural selection can account for the diversity and complexity of life. There's no evidence for it.

The appeal of Darwinian evolution to atheists, and why they are so defensive of it, seems to be because of the blind, undirected elements of the theory.

I don't think this thread will evolve very much.

mickrock wrote: »
    If evolution is true then Darwinian mechanisms cannot explain it. It's a preposterous idea that random variations and natural selection can account for the diversity and complexity of life. There's no evidence for it.

The appeal of Darwinian evolution to atheists, and why they are so defensive of it, seems to be because of the blind, undirected elements of the theory.

LOL

Solair wrote: »
    Well, the nobel peace prize is for bringing about peace.
    You can do that and be a creationist and have no concept of science whatsoever. Same with the nobel prize for literature.

The Nobel Science prizes are in : Physics, Chemistry, Physiology & Medicine

I'd imagine that's what the person I was responding to meant; a science one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

GSz4x.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

^^^^

Darwinian evolution falls at the first hurdle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

There's no evidence for it..

It has ALL the evidence. It's the only game in town. You are delusional to think otherwise.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

And there's the ELE...

With the first apologist, this thread has become an offshoot of the Creationism dustbin thread.
    Mardy Bum wrote: »
    GSz4x.gif
    Class!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement