Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite radio feature

Options
  • 08-01-2013 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

What's your favorite

Mine would have to be 98fm Dermon and Dave's Cheese and Crackers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

Without question, it is 24 Years At The Tap End and Innuendo Bingo on Scott Mills show on BBC Radio 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Cookie Policy

Without a doubt Innuendo Bingo & used to love Dara Quilty's ****e Talk Phoneshow!

Woo spam love that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

Shyte talk used to be a great feature

• Registered Users Posts: 6,025 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

My favourite feature on radio in recent years was "The Anorak Hour" presented by Ger Rowe on Phantom FM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭salad dodger

Movies and booze on fridays on Moncreiff
    Also the World Football phone-in and Dr Karls Science phone-in, both on in the wee small hours of saturday and thursday mornings respectively on UP All Night on BBC 5 live.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 1fm

The now sadly defunct, Carpark Catchphrase!

1fm wrote: »

Holy Ravioli!! ;) I used to love that as well

What/where was this?

What/where was this?

Errr The Chris Moyles Show on BBC Radio 1. Thought a fellow radio nerd like you would have known that?! ;)

• Advertisement

If i'm honest I didn't listen to a lot of Moyles. I'm beginning to start listening to old pod casts now, I always had the Capital Breakfast Show on in the morning ;)

Feel good music it was before a long day don't you know!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I think my all time favourite would be The Gauntlet from the Ray Foley Show on Today FM.

But since that's no longer a thing, I'll give a +1 to Movies and Booze on Moncrief on Fridays. Such a brilliant segment that I genuinely look forward to hearing. So much fun and they seem to have the craic with it.

DJ Jayo is also epic. I know it's cheesy and probably not the cleverest or most original segments, but good lord it's fun. I remember the first week it was back after Foley left Today FM, I turned the radio up full blast and when JP did the "LET ME HEAR YA SAY JAYO!", I couldn't help but join in with a huge smile on my face. (thank god I was alone in my room or I'd have looked a complete twat!)

lets take a moment to remember

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Carpark Catchphrase is the correct answer. You're. A winner!

:pac:

I used to love Marc & Lard's Barry White impression/parody, but I can't remember what his name was.

The Anorak Hour when Phantom was good. Someone please bring it back!

I like Movies & Booze too.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrettyPolly155

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I think my all time favourite would be The Gauntlet from the Ray Foley Show on Today FM.

But since that's no longer a thing, I'll give a +1 to Movies and Booze on Moncrief on Fridays. Such a brilliant segment that I genuinely look forward to hearing. So much fun and they seem to have the craic with it.

DJ Jayo is also epic. I know it's cheesy and probably not the cleverest or most original segments, but good lord it's fun. I remember the first week it was back after Foley left Today FM, I turned the radio up full blast and when JP did the "LET ME HEAR YA SAY JAYO!", I couldn't help but join in with a huge smile on my face. (thank god I was alone in my room or I'd have looked a complete twat!)

You basically just wrote exactly what I was gonna type.. Same favourites!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

It's new-ish I think, but Dermot and Dave's Jingly Bits where they write jingles for local small businesses in Dublin who ordinarily couldn't afford a radio ad is excellent. Even the jingle for Jingly Bits is genius imo! The fact they seem to write, perform and mix the jingle within two songs and still make it funny is testament to their talent!

Loved The Gauntlet on The Ray Foley Show [TodayFM] too, the 'Show and Tell' bit on 98 hasn't lived up to it yet.

I was going to troll the thread and say the Odd-One-Out Quiz and Email Bag from Ray D'Arcy, but I think I would have been too obvious! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrettyPolly155

Another one - Feedback with JP (Ray Foley Show)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Jason Todd wrote: »
    It's new-ish I think, but Dermot and Dave's Jingly Bits where they write jingles for local small businesses in Dublin who ordinarily couldn't afford a radio ad is excellent. Even the jingle for Jingly Bits is genius imo! The fact they seem to write, perform and mix the jingle within two songs and still make it funny is testament to their talent!

Loved The Gauntlet on The Ray Foley Show [TodayFM] too, the 'Show and Tell' bit on 98 hasn't lived up to it yet.

I was going to troll the thread and say the Odd-One-Out Quiz and Email Bag from Ray D'Arcy, but I think I would have been too obvious! :P

Ah to give it its dues, Email Bag is a very enjoyable feature. Arthur Murphy is just class.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭gavindowd

Dermot and Dave's Music thing where Dermot has to say things that correspond to the music...

gavindowd wrote: »
    Dermot and Dave's Music thing where Dermot has to say things that correspond to the music...

Say stuff that suits da music

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Dynamic Bass Boost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

Used to love Ray Foley's Lazy Radio before he left Todayfm - nothing beats hearing the Ducktales theme tune at Friday lunchtime!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭smallfridge

Say stuff that suits da music

I heard their PPI winning entry this year and that feature is very funny

I heard their PPI winning entry this year and that feature is very funny

http://ppiradioawards.com/2012/mp3s/A1-1-98FM-021.mp3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

Keith doing the ad's on Joe and Keith on Phantom is quite good. Food with Paulo Tulio on Moncrieff is enjoyable too, I think Paulo makes the slot, its a bit boring when others fill in. The history bit on Moncrieff is good too depending on the topic.

Advertisement