Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters-how many can you apply for?

Options
  • 08-01-2013 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi all I'm currently applying for a masters and I'm just wondering can you apply for a few of them at the same time and take the one that appeals to you if you. We're lucky to be offered a place?Thanks in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

hurler123 wrote: »
    Hi all I'm currently applying for a masters and I'm just wondering can you apply for a few of them at the same time and take the one that appeals to you if you. We're lucky to be offered a place?Thanks in advance

Yes you can apply to as many as you want. The only limitations would be, firstly, if you have to apply via PAC then I think it only lets you list three taught programmes maximum in any one university. Thus I think if you wanted to apply for, say, two courses in UCC and one in NUI Maynooth, you'd have to submit two PAC applications, one each to UCC and NUIM (again, I think this is how it is, but I could just be misreading the PAC website). Depending on how many places you wanted to apply to, it could end up being costly; I think an online PAC payment is 50 euro per application? Likewise, an application to TCD using their online system costs around 50 euro. The second limitation would be after you've been made offers; some universities may require a deposit to secure your place, so you may find yourself having to make up your mind very quickly, possibly without having receiving responses from all your choices yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 hurler123

Thanks a million, that is a very thorough answer and thanks for the second part, I totally didn't take that into consideration, I will have to choose wisely!

Thanks again!

Advertisement