Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC Police Check: Vietnam

Options
  • 08-01-2013 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭

WhatthefookamIgonnadoforthis?

In seriousness though, I lived in Ha Long Bay and Hanoi for 9 months and need to get a police check for an IEC application.

Have emailed the embassy, not expecting much luck, and there is virtually zero chance of getting the police over there to do it.

Anyone have a similar situation or advice?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Not saying you should.but could you not just let on you never went there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Not saying you should.but could you not just let on you never went there?

Very dangerous game. If they found out they would undoubtedly turn him around at the border.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

I know if you are looking for an Irish cert and your not resident in the country you send a letter to the local superintendent giving all your details and requesting the cert. Could you try writing directly to a police station where you lived? Worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bluejay01

I would try calling the embassy and se if you can actually talk to someone rather than send an email

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/vietnam.asp

UK embassy covers Ireland as well....

Embassy of Vietnam

12-14 Victoria Road, London W8 5RD

Tel: 020 7937 1912

Fax: 0207 565 3853

0207 937 6108

Telephone enquires:

Monday to Friday 09:30 to 12:30 and 14:30 to 17:30

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭Del007

Limericks wrote: »
    Very dangerous game. If they found out they would undoubtedly turn him around at the border.

In all fairness how would they find out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

Del007 wrote: »

In all fairness how would they find out?
    Passport stamp?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,088 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Not Vietnam, but I had to get one from Korea.
    Went to the embassy and they said to fill out a form, give them 50e and ill have it in three months.

London embassy mentioned above would be your best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 2 G.Greene

Want to head to Vietnam to teach English and want to have a police check to bring with me. I ve requested the police check at my local station but was told that they don't do it for Vietnam? Only for Canada , Australia etc. I was told to apply for a criminal record check and that the application form is available online ? A bit confused about all this ! Anyone know what to do ?

Advertisement