Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nand backup query?

Options
  • 08-01-2013 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

i did the softmod on the wii and made a nand backup during the process

just wondering if i should make another nand backup after the softmod is finished so i can restore the softmod later if there's a problem?

or is the purpose of the backup only to restore wii if it gets bricked 'during' the softmod process?

thanks in advance for clarifying

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

It's not necessary but might come in handy so what harm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

ya i would do it but i got deleted the bootmi

just wondering is it needed like a regular hdisk backup

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭draven3410

I make a copy of the nand anytime I install new software directly onto the Wii, wads and the like, just in case I have a dodge wad and I don't have to reinstall everything from the beginning.
    You can reload the bootmii onto your sd anytime you need it from the pc, doesn't have to be permanently on your card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

draven3410 wrote: »
    I make a copy of the nand anytime I install new software directly onto the Wii, wads and the like, just in case I have a dodge wad and I don't have to reinstall everything from the beginning.
    You can reload the bootmii onto your sd anytime you need it from the pc, doesn't have to be permanently on your card.

i think i uninstalled it from the wii-not just deleted off the sd card

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭draven3410

Bootmii shouldn't have installed to your wii directly. If you installed Homebrew channel, press the home button and its listed there, but make sure and have a copy of it on the sd card before you press it otherwise the wii will blackscreen. Bootmii is designed to run from your sd and not the wii internal memory (unless you had a wad file for bootmii)

• Advertisement
Advertisement