Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creating Promotional YouTube Videos On A Mac

Options
  • 08-01-2013 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to record product demonstrational videos to promote an eBay store I'm doing online marketing for but I'm not sure what software to use on a Mac.

Does anyone have any tips/software suggestions for creating professional looking YouTube videos?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

iMovie. I used it for the first time a couple of months ago and couldnt believe how easy it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

It all depends on your expertise.... iMovie is very easy to use, but is very limited in terms of advance features. Some Professional/expert software includes FinalCut Pro or Adobe Premier Pro... but they do require time to master them....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

The You-tube movies are compressed so much that you don't have to worry about camera resolution. I use a tiny automatic camera on a tripod to do my recordings. You-Tube will even edit out camera shake for you.

I drag my camera recordings directly into iMovie, add simple captions, fades, whatever then upload. To be frank, you don't need high-end software to get a good result. What makes the difference is done when you shoot. Get the lighting right. Frame the subject. Get the focus. Eliminate unwanted background noise. The only thing you really might need to edit afterwards is the audio. In fact you might like to add the audio during editing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

I got iMovie and a camcorder yesterday and have been messing around creating short clips with fade in effects etc. I came across this YouTube video tutorial about adding overlays to videos using 'gimp'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x9Lzu_F0LM

It's quite informative and easy to follow however he doesn't explain how to add links to the social network icons he adds to his movie so that a viewer can click into those respective pages. Does anyone know how?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Also, I'm having trouble inserting a logo into an iMovie. I used Pixelmator to create a transparent logo, inserted it into my iMovie project and selected picture in picture mode but I can't seem to make it fit in between the green and red boxes in the ken burns setting. It's too big. I've tried resizing the image in preview but nothing is working. Can I resize it once it's in the project? This is wrecking my head.

Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about:

http://s1201.beta.photobucket.com/user/shuffles03/media/ScreenShot2013-01-18at145844_zpsbadb4765.png.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement