Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

03 saab 9-3 2.2 egr valve clean - followed by coolant everywhere

Options
  • 08-01-2013 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

hi all,

I have a 2003 saab 2.2 td. this is my second saab and both have always had problems with dirty egr valves. Today i finally tried doing a DIY job...

I took off the two hoses, which didn't come off with ease, disconnected the electrics and bolts. It took a while to actually dislodge the valve itself. I sprayed a bit of carb cleaner on the the join, left it for a few minutes and jiggled it off.

i cleaned it pretty good, bolted it back on using the same O ring that was on it and connected the hoses with new clips as the old ones were wrecked.

I took it for a test drive, the coolant level low light came on after about a mile, I stopped about shortly after and there was coolant everywhere, the reservoir is dry. It seems to have got all the way over to the left of the engine and all over the front around the egr valve but the two hoses still look ok - though they might not be.

Any notions of what i might have done?

thanks in advance...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 58 ✭✭franorzxrh2

fill it bk up with water and leave it running then try find the leak!! if i were u i would have replaced the rubber o ring!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Make sure you didn't crack one of the metal pipes on the egr valve, can happen

• Registered Users Posts: 5 delamerep

if i did can they be soldered/brazed or is it a new egr?

Advertisement