Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Vic - VV / VW and Resitance

Options
  • 08-01-2013 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭

Hi All

A couple of questions of people could help me out !

1. VV / VW on the E-Vic, what difference would using wattage make over voltage ?

2. Resistance - The e-vic detects this automatically but what difference does a higher or lower setting make ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Hi All

A couple of questions of people could help me out !

1. VV / VW on the E-Vic, what difference would using wattage make over voltage ?

2. Resistance - The e-vic detects this automatically but what difference does a higher or lower setting make ?
    To the best of my knowledge, the advantage of wattage over volts is if you change the resistance of the coils you use if you go from a 2.8 ohm coil to a 1.8 the wattage will stay the same but it lowers the voltage to avoid any burnt taste because of the drop down in ohms, where as in volts if you vaping at 4.8 on a 2.8 and switched to a 1.8 and left it at 4.8 it would taste burnt unless you lower it manually where as it is done automatically in wattage mode. I'm basing this on a typical viva coil or similar tank set ups, don't know much about dual coils or the rest. Well thats as I understand it, there are many more members out there better equiped to answer you if I'm not 100% spot on here.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Kiffy has the wattage aspect of it bang on!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Advertisement