Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Energy Drinks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

AFAIK there's nothing in them that actually provides the body with energy, it is the level of stimulus provided mostly by the caffeine that is the biggest boost.

Personally only used the 5 Hour Energy in the context of a cycle tour in Connemara last year, had it on board as an 'emergency' kick in the backside. I didn't notice anything and probably would have been better off with an extra slice of cake :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

AFAIK there's nothing in them that actually provides the body with energy, it is the level of stimulus provided mostly by the caffeine that is the biggest boost.

Personally only used the 5 Hour Energy in the context of a cycle tour in Connemara last year, had it on board as an 'emergency' kick in the backside. I didn't notice anything and probably would have been better off with an extra slice of cake :)

Agreed that the caffine kick is all i ever see, i use the sugar free ones now and so no difference in what i go when i used the ones with sugar in them.

I've only used them on very busy weekends when i'm trying to grab sleep here and there.

Advertisement