Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help cant use sites using cookies

Options
  • 07-01-2013 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

i am not sure if a virus is causing this problem but i cannot log into gmail it tells me browsers cookies are turned off, and i am unable to use many sites like bank, aer lingus amongst others . so far i have used spybot and ccleaner and no change, any ideas anyone.:(

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

What browser are you using? It may be how you have it configured.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

ie9

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

tried that and no change, have already tried allow all cookies even switched off all security functions, i have tried using safari and can access gmail using it, just not ie.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

Wouldn't be a virus issue. Do you have extensions installed for IE ?

• Advertisement

ASJ112 wrote: »
    Wouldn't be a virus issue. Do you have extensions installed for IE ?
    I dont know what you mean by extensions, could you give me an example of an extension.

Advertisement