Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estate Agent Advise

Options
  • 07-01-2013 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I've just taken on a year contract for a rental through Maher Gleeson Estates, and am hoping someone can advise on how to cope with completely incompetent and disinterested EAs.
    When I viewed the property I was told a few things about the property that turned out simply were not true, and when I questioned it retrospectively was told the EA had never rented the apartment before so didnt know..
    When I moved in there was a list as long my arm with things that needed fixed. I'm not an overly fussy person but the apartment was unlivable to the point where I had to go and stay with a friend for several days until it was all sorted out....Unsurprisingly now I am more familiar with the company, I never got an apology for the state I found the apartment in -previous tenants worn boxer shorts lying on ground (eugh) was what my partner and I first saw when we arrived to move in is just one small example, funny looking back that the EA still insisted the place had been steam cleaned and also hovered once after that...
    Now that I'm in, the office is completely unresponsive to email/calls, weeks can go by and they simply ignore requests to get things working. They left for christmas holding on to our second set of keys for over 2 weeks and several things still not working. Any ideas of what to do? I would seriously recommend avoiding Maher Gleeson
    Tagged:

Advertisement