Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Internship with the Big 4

Options
  • 07-01-2013 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

I am currently filling out application forms for all of the big 4, however I am only in 2nd year and wondering will this go against me? I only have first years and semester 1 of second years results to go by and well, my 1st year results where very average!!
    Also with the work experience section.... I've had a part time job for 5 or so years but nothing in relation to accounting or tax, should I still put down the part time job anyway?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 hmmm!

Hi I did a Big 4 internship in Summer 2011, amongst the intake in my year were a number of people who were in their 2nd year of a four year degree, so this should not hold you back.

As regards results normally a 2.1 is the minimum, but even if you don't have this currently I would still try applying as you have nothing to loose!

You should definitely include the work experience you have, indeed this would be a big positive on your application. Try to display skills you have gained from this work experience on your application and if you are lucky enough to get called for interview I would expect this to make up a substantial part of your interview also.

Hope this helps and Best of Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

I'm a second year student but doing accounts technician course. Hoping against hope I might get selected. I did 1 month work experience last summer in accountancy firm, so hoping this will help. Do you get paid for internships?

Advertisement