Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trade in question

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Rather than focusing on the price you get for your Rav, focus on the "cost to change" - ie, the money you'll shell out to get into your 10/11 plate A6........then you can guage exactly what kind of value you are getting of ALL garages selling a comparible A6 you desire.....insist the sales guy or girl give you a cost to change figure.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,506 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Rather than email, go in in person and get the car appraised. I know when i sold cars id hold back a small bit on the price because cars rarely are ap described by their owners.

As was previously said, don't focus on trade in price. Condition and spec of the new car and cost to change are key.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

E mailing garages for a trade in value is a waste of time. You'll be given the lowest value possible (assuming they bother to reply).

If you want to optimise the deal, go and see the dealer(s), & present your Rav4 in the best possible light.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭disland

Ok. Point taken on the 'cost to change' and the quotes for the RAV4. I will be doing that. Thanks for the feedback.

Just say there was no trade in would any of you know how much room to manouvre the garage has on a 32k audi.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

disland wrote: »
    Ok. Point taken on the 'cost to change' and the quotes for the RAV4. I will be doing that. Thanks for the feedback.

Just say there was no trade in would any of you know how much room to manouvre the garage has on a 32k audi.

well, there is more than likely a couple of grand margin there in the audi for the vendor, but then they have their costs/vat/tax in there, but still, there's lots of room for a haggle, and if you don't ask you don't get.....

good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

I bought an A5 with a list price of 29,950 for 27,500 (approx 92% of the asking).

But Im a mean f€cker. And very persuasive.

Send me your bank details. Go on. Do it.

Advertisement