Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help find a lost friend

Options
  • 06-01-2013 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

What are the best sites to use to help find a lost friend. he is from walkinstown and he moved to Canada around 2004. I tried the lost contacts section on missing.ie but they don't publish posts for friends just family. any ideas

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I assume you've tried facebook etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

I can try give you a base as to where to start, I've just after finding my best friend who's been living in Canada since we were 7

Basically if you know where they life, try Facebook people who live there, message them if you have to, most Canadians are really nice and willing to help out, if you know where they would have worked or anything, use literally anything you know about them and seriously don't give up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Facebook or Linkedin?

You could try and Google the name of the person and Canada or walkinstown and then click on images and see can you spot them.

Or maybe Canadian forums for Irish immigrants.

Can you think of any third parties that he might have stayed in contact with? You could track them down and see if they have any way of contacting your friend.

Just a few ideas. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭kilograms

i tried facebook. i dont know which part he went to, i know what he works at and what his girlfriend works at. he was going over short term, he had a lot of family over there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I would start with family here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

A neighbor in walkinstown could help, what road did he live on?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭kilograms

jameshayes wrote: »
    A neighbor in walkinstown could help, what road did he live on?

cant remember what road, are you from walkinstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,766 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Sorry folks - it was OK to ask for advice on sites to use for helping in the search, but this forum is not for tracking down individuals by random Internet peeps.

We don't know who you are or what your motives for finding this person may be.

Closed.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement