Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can i buy Gripe Water?

Options
  • 06-01-2013 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where i can get this in Limerick?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

This is a really dodgy subject for discussing in an open forum as Gripe water was removed from the Irish market for some reasons, I don't know what the reasons were/are but they are in place, there are places however that sell it "under the counter", if anyone knows of such a place please PM kilburn and don't risk the business getting into trouble.

BTW kilburn, I got gripe water for my 1 in Ennis but found Infacol a whole lot better than it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Not the same since they removed the alcohol!

Not banned in Ireland - just not sold here.

OP you could use parcelmotel.com as long as you can find a site that ships to UK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Hooked

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Not the same since they removed the alcohol!

Not banned in Ireland - just not sold here.

OP you could use parcelmotel.com as long as you can find a site that ships to UK

Overheard my brother and his wife talking about this subject last night. They were using infacol but he said Gripe water (non alcohol) was available in a shop in SNIP (I will PM you). If that's any use?

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Is Gripwater not illegal down south now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

If you are looking for something that works to relieve severe colic, try Mahers Pharmacy in Clonmel, they have a colic mixture they make themselves I think, you may have to travel down once with the child but after that they will (used to anyway) mail it to you and debit your debit or credit card

They used to keep a record so about two days before you ran out a new bottle arrived in the post, happy days & sleepy nights

Tried gripe water, infacol etc before they were recommended to us, worked a dream

Mahers Pharmacy Clonmel 052 6121205

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Is Gripwater not illegal down south now.

Ive seen it in shops here. It seems to be available since they removed the alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Apparently it's sold in the duty free shops in Heathrow and Stansted so if you know someone passing that way they could pick up a bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Redmal

I bought it in <snip> a couple of weeks ago.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I really don't know the legal ground in selling of gripe water so I don't want to have businesses names who are selling it in case of reprisals, I would assume that if it was ok to sell that it would be on sale everywhere hence my over-cautious approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭RubyWoo83

I've gotten this in pharmacies all over the city... never had any problems getting it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Redmal

There are lots of things that you can't get everywhere. I went to 3 chemists before I could get my hands on a bottle of Colief even. It's the old recipe for Gripe water that has been taken off the market, the version that had alcohol in it. The new version doesn't have alcohol and people say it's not the same as it used to be, that's why it isn't as popular and probably not as widely available as it used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

It is available north of the border. If you live in a border county it might be worth the drive up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

I have seen this (pretty sure) in the ethnic food shop by the Tait Clock. I may be mistaken as i am not in the market for things like that but im pretty sure i saw it there...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Ideally you should talk to your pediatrician as colic might require a change in baby formula. some of these are prescription only.

Advertisement