Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KPMG

Options
  • 06-01-2013 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭

KPMG were auditors to AIB in 2009. On February 27th of that year they stated of the bank’s financial statements for 2008: “In our opinion the Group financial statements gave a true and fair view in accordance with IFRSs, as adopted by the EU, of the State of the Group’s affairs as of 31 December 2008 and of its profits for the year then ended.”

The statements showed the bank made an operating profit of €862 million. KPMG gave no warning that the bank was on the verge of insolvency.

Any thoughts ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

anhedonia wrote: »
    KPMG were auditors to AIB in 2009. On February 27th of that year they stated of the bank’s financial statements for 2008: “In our opinion the Group financial statements gave a true and fair view in accordance with IFRSs, as adopted by the EU, of the State of the Group’s affairs as of 31 December 2008 and of its profits for the year then ended.”

The statements showed the bank made an operating profit of €862 million. KPMG gave no warning that the bank was on the verge of insolvency.

Any thoughts ?

Is this just a sneaky way of bringing up that girl's rant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Ask my Da.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Thoughts?

Yea, of Jelly Babies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

anhedonia wrote: »

Any thoughts ?[/QUOTE]
    Yes, I think I would like cake, preferably chocolate cake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Is this just a sneaky way of bringing up that girl's rant?

No, you brought it up though....well done.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Yes, I think I would like cake, preferably chocolate cake.

I got Christmas cake left over - will that do?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

/troll thread.

Get over it and move on with your life.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement