Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instant hot water

Options
  • 06-01-2013 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi i am looking for any help/info that people might have on intant hot water taps that are for sale on the net, Tapwise is one company that has them. if any one out there owns one or has used one could you give me your opinion. You just fit them to your cold water supply at the sink and plug them in and away you go, sounds to good to be true, they work on 3kw power (normal domestic elec shower is 9Kw) with the heating element built into the tap housing and the element heats the water as its passes over it. Again any info/help would be great. I have asked in plumbing/hardware stores around but they knew nothing or havent heard of them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dashano

I've seen a lot of these taps but the best is the Grohe Red model. It is the hottest and seems to be very efficient. The boiling water is run off you cold supply and the normal hot water is run off your existing hot water system.
    Try Grohe.ie or SHO.ie for suppliers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

I haven't seen one but going by how electric showers are, I'd imagine they're very inefficient compared with oil or gas (if heating is used anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dashano

http://www.grohe.com/ie/4816/kitchen/hot-water-kitchen-taps/grohe-red/
    Here is the link. They are a lot more efficient than a kettle as they only heat what you need and they are not turned on 10 times before they are actually used (We all do it).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭deandean

OP I spent a while last year looking at these, I decided not to install one as I feel there are very overpriced, and I wasn't keen on another tap on my sink.

So I purchased a Breville Hotcup VKV318, this is a boiling water dispenser that sits on the countertop. You fill it like a kettle, there is a variable setting which allows you to dispense from a small cup to a large mug every time you press the button.

It works brilliant for us, it is probably the most used appliance in the kitchen now! It avoids filling the kettle and boiling three times the amount of water you need, everytime you want a cup of tea.

there are a few other makes on the market as well, but I recommend one with a variable dispenser, they cost between 60 and 100 Euro, from DID, Argos, etc. Here is linky to the one I got.

http://www.breville.co.uk/vkj318-gloss-black-hot-cup-with-variable-dispense.html

• Registered Users Posts: 22 amlostforwords

hi to all and thanks very much for all the advice and info. i will have alot of research to do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement