Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to train as a midwife for free if I work for them after I have my degree?

Options
  • 06-01-2013 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone had any info on studying to be a midwife but without having to pay fees. I will have a level 8 degree but in a completely unrelated subject so I would have to start from scratch with a new undergraduate degree (or would I?) Are there any colleges/hospitals that train you as a midwife for free on the condition that you work for them for a few years once you are qualified?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

Not as far as I know, but if you could train in the UK the NHS pays your fees. (And the course is only 3 years instead of four).

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Curlyhatescurls

Oh wow thanks, this is what I was looking for! As an Irish citizen am I entitled to have the NHS pay my fees? So I would just have to pay accommodation and living costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

You are entitled, yep.

Even better, if you can get into Queens (huge demand) you'll get the living allowance that UK students get. Elsewhere in the UK, you don't get it.

If you're looking to start this September go to the UCAS website and check the deadline for applications. (I think it might be soon). From memory there are about 50 courses available. Best of luck!

Advertisement