Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Move to Australia before becoming chartered

Options
  • 06-01-2013 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Failed FAE there in September. Found out you can't transfer to ACA Australia and get exemptions and continue on with their program. Just wondering if I fail FAE in this resit in September 2013 if I could transfer to ACCA and head over and finish them there? Is that possible? Anything else worth considering? Cheers in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

You can study ACCA in Austrailia. But, would have thought you could do CAI in Australia also. I thought they were expanding their availability abroad. Must have been mistaken.

However, ACCA is not as recognised in Oz as the CAI. The CAI is a sister of the main accountancy body over there. ACCA are competitors, and don't get the same exemptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭R0N BURGUNDY

Yeah - I wanted to just transfer to the Aussie ACA and hopefully get exemptions but apparently you don't get ANY!!! You would have to start the Aussie ACA from scratch which is ridic tbh. How can CAI be a sister of the main accountancy body yet not be recognised unless chartered basically. Ah well.. I'll just have to get FAEs 2nd time around. Just wanted a backup plan, wouldn't sit them a 3rd time.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Prettyblack

I know you can't do CAI anywhere EXCEPT Ireland; but as a member (when you qualify) you can apply to join the Oz one.

However I've heard that you have to send your college results etc to the body in Oz and apply for your exemptions with them, whatever ones you might be getting. You might get ones for some of the exams you did but it depends, I don't really know tbh. I just know the "link" between the two bodies is more for qualified accountants rather than students.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭R0N BURGUNDY

Yeah - that's the point of the matter. The fact that I'm part qualified up to FAE level means nothing to them. I may as well have just finished uni as far as they are concerned which is a bit unfortunate.

Advertisement