Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tyre pressure

• 06-01-2013 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭

Wondering if anyone can help me on this one.
    Recently I've been finding my cars tyre pressure to be going down after 2/3 weeks from being pumped. Usually I found it to be the back left to be the culprit but I'm today I went to pump up all four and found all had dropped by around 6psi (from 32psi to 26psi).
    Just wondering if this is normal for any car? I cover about 300-400km every week if thats of any help. Any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

It shouldn't drop from 32 - 26 over 2 weeks. The most accurate way to read them is to use the same compressor all the time as I find they can vary a bit from station to station. Are you filling your tyres when they are cold? How old are the tyres? Were the valves changed last time you got new tyres?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I've been using the filling station around the corner from where I live. Ususally I pump them when they're cold. Only bought the car back in November so not too sure about when the valves where changed. The tyres seem to be in good nick. Brought the car to a tyre shop to have them checked but they couldnt fault them even though I reckon it could be the valves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Some garages have desperately uncalibrated pressure sensrors for tires.

You can buy small electronic sensors in halfords at various prices - might be worth getting one ?

Advertisement