Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB - Online Banking - Transfer to KBC

Options
  • 06-01-2013 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I wanted to send some money to KBC from my AIB saving account to pay off a lump sum on my mortgage. They gave me the following details:

account number: xxxx
    sort code: xx
    reference = my mortgage number

About a week ago, I sent a small amount to test that it is working. But still nothing has been recorded on their end (it should take 1 business day from within ROI). I wonder if it is because the "reference" line is missing: on the AIB internet banking there is a line for account number and sort code, but there is no line for "reference". So I put it in the only line available to me: "Message to appear on receiver statement:"

Do you guys have done this before, did you manage to send money to KBC and how did you fill in the details to make sure it goes in the right account?

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭sodabread

Haven't KBC changed their sort code recently to reflect that they are now a clearing bank.

Give them a call to make sure that you have the correct sort code.

I've read on another website that the new sort code (for savings accounts anyway) is 99-02-70.

To be sure, ring KBC and confirm what the sort code is for your situation before you start changing any payment details.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Drexl Spivey

I did ring them last Friday and they confirmed the sort code I used as well as the account number.

I am wondering if they were able to associate the transfer with my account. ie: do they know this money should go to repaying my mortgage.

sodabread wrote: »
    Haven't KBC changed their sort code recently to reflect that they are now a clearing bank.

Give them a call to make sure that you have the correct sort code.

I've read on another website that the new sort code (for savings accounts anyway) is 99-02-70.

To be sure, ring KBC and confirm what the sort code is for your situation before you start changing any payment details.

Advertisement