Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collective Bargaining deal is tentatively done!

Options
  • 06-01-2013 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

The league and NHLPA have pulled an all-nighter and sources are saying that a deal is close. Don't want to get too excited but this is the most positive news since the lockout began.

Worth following Aaron Ward and Pierre LeBrun on Twitter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Reports now saying that a tentative deal is done!

58blK.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

It's going to be a 48 or 50 game season. Could be intense.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Thats going to be hell for the players. The NBA schedule was very tough for players last year and they reached a deal before the New Year. Lots of back to back to backs combined with very little preseason training will result in a scrappy start to the season. That could mean quality viewing though !

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Rouniver

Here's the story from the NHL site. I could have sworn there was going to be no season at all this year, but this looks very positive. Fingers crossed they'll have something agreed pretty soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Fantastic news! A 50 game season will be seriously intense.

394849_392637767494845_63818568_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Brilliant start to the new year. Can't wait for this. I was looking at the Rangers forum and they said it's done.

We are looking at a schedule release date of 19th for a 48 game season or the 15th for a 50 game season.

Time to drop the puck!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Thats going to be hell for the players. The NBA schedule was very tough for players last year and they reached a deal before the New Year. Lots of back to back to backs combined with very little preseason training will result in a scrappy start to the season. That could mean quality viewing though !

I am delighted hockey is back but I'll tell you something, the players have lost a few notches worth of respect in my eyes. It is a good day for hockey fans, so I will leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Wonder what way this will leave the Yahoo Fantasy Hockey... I'll get looking into that after the NFL.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Wonder what way this will leave the Yahoo Fantasy Hockey... I'll get looking into that after the NFL.

Count me in anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

LET'S GO BRUINS !!!

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

PENS!

Advertisement