Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making sense of crash dump files

Options
  • 05-01-2013 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

A few days ago I installed a TV Tuner card and the following two days (each morning at 6am) the computer crashed fatally.

The tuner card was rendered useless in my media server software the first time. I don't know what I did to get it back working. But I can't seem to get it to work after the most recent crash.

I have the crash logs/dumps and i'm just wondering whats the best way to make sense of these? I have used BlueScreenView to open them but I don't really know what i'm looking at.

From a high level, my guess is it's a driver issue and some incompatibility with Windows 7?

Any ideas on how to go about troubleshooting this one? I have attached the dumps if anyone cares to look :pac:

Thanks

Advertisement