Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Clampers are Strangling Dun Laoaghaire to Death

Options
  • 05-01-2013 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

The town of Dun Laoghaire is dying a slow an painful death.

In the past twelves months I've spoken to a lot of people who live near or work in Dun Laoghaire.

It seems that those who live near Dun Laoghaire don't go there anymore because of they perceive it to be a clamping hotspot and don't want to take the risk of a substanial fine. They would rather go to Carrickmines or Dundrum.

The retailers I've spoken seem to be aware of this but believe their hands are tied.

The "workers" in Dun Laoghaire Rathdown council really don't seem to care. They are all in their snug glass offices waiting for a government cheque to land into their accounts every week.

It is really sad what is happening to a town that has so much potential.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Erm, don't park illegally?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Even parking in legal spaces/spaces you pay for will lead to a clamping? Jeez, that's harsh all right.
    And you've a camera into the council workers' offices? Even more amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

jetsonx wrote: »
    The town of Dun Laoghaire is dying a slow an painful death.

In the past twelves months I've spoken to a lot of people who live near or work in Dun Laoghaire.

It seems that those who live near Dun Laoghaire don't go there anymore because of they perceive it to be a clamping hotspot and don't want to take the risk of a substanial fine. They would rather go to Carrickmines or Dundrum.

The retailers I've spoken seem to be aware of this but believe their hands are tied.

The "workers" in Dun Laoghaire Rathdown council really don't seem to care. They are all in their snug glass offices waiting for a government cheque to land into their accounts every week.

It is really sad what is happening to a town that has so much potential.
    Did somebody get clamped...ahhhhhh:D

Advice..don't park illegally and you wont get clamped, plenty of legal parking places in DL!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Higher

I was in Blackrock and my meter had run out.

I came back to the car to see a lovely messege saying that 30 minutes had been added to my meter by the meter fairy in association with the local businesses. I thought it was a nice gesture.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Dublin forum please.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement