Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland self catering ideas

Options
  • 05-01-2013 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭

Hi. We have two boys, 4 and 7. Looking for ideas for where to spend a week holiday in Ireland in early July. We've always done foreign holidays in France/Spain until now, but want to keep it simple this year.

Checklist of our ideal location:
    • self catering
    • access to hotel with swimming pool
    • near seaside
    • kids club (optional)
    So we're looking at something like apartments on the grounds of a hotel. We are from Dublin but happy to travel to Cork/Kerry/Clare etc, anywhere that meets the requirements. I know there are loads of options in Ireland, just looking for recommendations from people going back year after year with positive experiences.

Thanks in advance....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

I went to the Westlodge Hotel in Bantry for YEARS with my family. They have self-catering 3* and 4* cottages in the grounds of the hotel and they have one large house for larger families at the very ends of the grounds.

You get total access to the facilities of the leisure centre there. The only thing is you have to supply your own towels as you are resident of the self-catering but they will give you one if you are in a spot. They run a kids club in the summer and it goes all day, allowing you your meals in peace :).

There are photos of all parts of the hotel, leisure centre and grounds here.
    http://www.westlodgehotel.ie/gallery.aspx

Bantry is about an hour away from Barleycove which I think is one of the best beaches in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Geezer1000

Fathlegg hotel in Waterford has houses on the grounds of the hotel that they rent. I done it last year with 2 kids and they loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Why not rent a house in Lahinch and use one of the surf schools, great fun :)

Advertisement