Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTC Grand Finals Galway 2013

Options
  • 05-01-2013 8:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi All

I have been on the world snooker website but ticket info for the Grand Finals in March is not available, Im sure it will be available soon but can anyone here give me some info on what the ticket prices were last year? I missed the event last year but is the case that in the early rounds of the grand finals that people can view diffrent matches and be able to walk around? Also is there anyone that was at the final itself as i would be eager to attend this. Anyone have an idea of how much the tickets are for that?

Also where is the closest hotel or BnB to the venue

Be great to be able to meet all the players!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Spiderpig92

there is just the one table where all the matches are on a roll on and off the basis, the tickets will cost u no more then 20euro for a session. Dont have any idea about the accomodation. think the tickets go on sale in the middle of this month

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Greenbaize

Just one table???

yep, it was just one table last year. Theres 3 matches (best of 7) each afternoon and evening session, still a brilliant experience though!!

anyone have an idea when the tickets are going on sale??? Thought they would have been on sale by now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

anyone have an idea when the tickets are going on sale??? Thought they would have been on sale by now

You just buy them from NUI direct there in the hall where the snooker is on was €10 for a whole afternoon session if i remember. Just rock up on the first day and buy your lot from there, That's what im planning on doing.

Watch the clampers down onsite they have eyes everywhere!

• Advertisement

Sorted now! I'm in Galway from the Wed morning through to the sat afternoon, Roll on the Guinness and snooker! :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Tickets are officially on sale here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Have just bought my tickets for Friday evening, Saturday both sessions and Sunday both sessions. I'll be travelling solo so would love to hear from anyone else that'll be knockin around! Looking forward to it.

Does anyone know when the draw is taking place?,would be good to know when the players are playing in what sessions

_feedback_ wrote: »
    Have just bought my tickets for Friday evening, Saturday both sessions and Sunday both sessions. I'll be travelling solo so would love to hear from anyone else that'll be knockin around! Looking forward to it.

Hey - Im going solo myself - and cant wait for the peace and quiet :pac: I have full day tickets for wed, thurs and fri - I'll pass you my number nearer the occasion if you are interested? if im not in the ajoining bar watching the snooker i will be in the hall

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Am going down for Weds and Thurs myself, can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭loi09

Is it unreserved seating and is their chance of meeting the players?

loi09 wrote: »
    Is it unreserved seating and is their chance of meeting the players?

Yep - You can sit anywhere you like...that is the beauty about it! you will see loads of the players and ref's in the ajoining bar or walking around campus.. i did anyways. Had a nice chat with Tom Ford last year.. sound bloke!

Cnt wait can tickets be bought on the day? Would love to meet ken doherty

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭_Puma_

The Fixtures and the Draw. I'm thinking of booking the Friday off work and going for the full day. Did the same last year and it was great value for the games that were played!

From what I remember the tickets could be bought for the weekday games at the hall but the friday evening Saturday and Sunday were booked out

loi09 wrote: »
    Cnt wait can tickets be bought on the day? Would love to meet ken doherty

can't wait myself, dont know if its a few days off work or going to the snooker, perhaps a mix.

The tickets can be bought at the desk in the main hall, the semis and final might be sold out not sure..
    (I think students of NUI get a discount, if you know anyone there?)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Greenbaize

Just to let you know, Ken Doherty is actually playing an exhibition on March 21st @ The Newbury Hotel in Mullingar, Westmeath. Tickets available from Hotel at just €10. Exhibitions are a great way to meet the pros.

Greenbaize wrote: »
    Just to let you know, Ken Doherty is actually playing an exhibition on March 21st @ The Newbury Hotel in Mullingar, Westmeath. Tickets available from Hotel at just €10. Exhibitions are a great way to meet the pros.

thanks for the that information !

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭AngryLoner

Hey,

Anybody know the best hotel to stay on the sunday night... i.e. how can I drink beer with the players :) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Does anyone know when Ken Doherty is playing his last 32 match? What day and is it an evening session?

• Advertisement

Its OK, I got the info at the this link.

Nice to see Joe Swail back, interesting article about him on World Snooker website. He will be playing in the last match of the opening session on Tuesday.
    Ken will be playing in the evening session on Wednesday

Glenman wrote: »
    Does anyone know when Ken Doherty is playing his last 32 match? What day and is it an evening session?

Wed night, Trump is playing Alfie Burden at 19:30 so that will be over by 19:50 :pac:, Ken is due on after that so 20:10 LATEST

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

I have a few spare tickets to the morning session tomorrow. Great session. If anyone wants them, drop me a message, I can meet you at NUIG. Throw me a fiver or a sambo or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ev612337

I have all day tickets for the Sunday and they have row & seat numbers on them.

Someone said you can sit anywhere, is that true? i.e. get there early or you'll not get a good seat?

Also, does anyone have a floor plan or seating layout? In case my tickets seat assignment is enforced, I'd like to figure out where I'll be in advance

Thanks

Here all day since 10am. Hoping to see Joe Swail but have to leave now. Robertson v Burnett is very slow. 3-2 to Neil now. poor match. pretty boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

great win for joe swail over stephen maguire, joe now faces mark allen on thursday :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Managed to give away those tickets. Was more difficult than I anticipated. Final and Semi Final tickets are allocated seating, for whoever was asking.

I now have two spare tickets to the final to sell, two people bailed on me. 20 euro each, can meet in Galway.

trump playing very poorly tonight

Another very long day at the snooker. It could be 11 o clock by the time the Doherty match starts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

For anyone interested, this is a good blog for updates.
    http://www.sin.ie/2013/03/13/live-blog-ptc-snooker-grand-finals/

Advertisement