Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what DO you want to hear on a music show?

Options
  • 05-01-2013 6:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this already exists or is in the wrong place, but I'm getting to wondering.

I have the opportunity to write my own playlist for a college station, and while I was doing it I realised it's just songs that I like sharing with people. It's not genre specific, it's a big mish-mash of stuff I've come across.

So, when you're listening to the radio, what do you want to hear? Not specific songs, but do you want to hear a band you've never heard of before? A current favourite? Memory Lane music?

EDIT: Highlighted section to take note of before replying.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Cookie Policy

Apologies if this already exists or is in the wrong place, but I'm getting to wondering.

I have the opportunity to write my own playlist for a college station, and while I was doing it I realised it's just songs that I like sharing with people. It's not genre specific, it's a big mish-mash of stuff I've come across.

So, when you're listening to the radio, what do you want to hear? Not specific songs, but do you want to hear a band you've never heard of before? A current favourite? Memory Lane music?

Jake Bugg - Lighting Bolt
    Tom Odell - Can't Pretend

Enjoying those both immensely at the moment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

Jake Bugg - Lighting Bolt
    Tom Odell - Can't Pretend

Enjoying those both immensely at the moment!

Yesssss. LOVE these songs right now.

Also, check out the BBC Radio 1 playlist at :http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/playlist/.
    I would include most of these songs and it is musically diverse to keep your show sounding interesting with different genres.

smurfs5 wrote: »
    Yesssss. LOVE these songs right now.

Also, check out the BBC Radio 1 playlist at :http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/playlist/.
    I would include most of these songs and it is musically diverse to keep your show sounding interesting with different genres.

We have too much in common.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Basically, listen to Phantom and Nova.......then do the exact opposite.....:p

XFM is a brilliant station for music, and breaking indie music too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement